There are currently no items in your cart.
Messiah (A sacred oratorio). Composed by George Frideric Handel (1685-1759). Edited by Watkins Shaw. For Choral (Vocal Score). This edition: Hardback Cloth Edition. Music Sales America. Baroque, Sacred, Choral, Religious, Christmas. Vocal Score. 282 pages. Novello & Co Ltd. #NOV07013701. Published by Novello & Co Ltd. (HL.14021325).
ISBN 0825627842. Baroque, Sacred, Choral, Religious, Christmas. 7.75x11 inches.
The world-famous Novello choral edition of Handel's beautiful masterpiece. Arranged for SATB with piano part. Edited with piano reduction by Watkins Shaw.
- Part One
- Sinfonia (Overture)
- Comfort ye my people - Recitative
- Ev'ry valley shall be exalted - Air
- And the glory of the Lord - Chorus
- Thus saith the Lord - Recitative
- But who may abide the day of his coming? (Version I) - Air for Alto
- But who may abide the day of his coming (Version II) - Transposed for Soprano
- And he shall purify - Chorus
- Behold, a virgin shall conceive - Recitative
- O thou that tellest good tidings to Zion - Air and Chorus
- For behold, darkness shall cover the earth - Recitative
- The people that walked in darkness - Air
- For unto us a child is born - Chorus
- Pifa ('Pastoral Symphony')
- There were shepherds abiding in the field - Recitative
- And lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them - Recitative
- And the angel said until them - Recitative
- And suddenly there was with the angel - Recitative
- Glory to God - Chorus
- Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion (Version I) - Air (4/4)
- Then shall the eyes of the blind - Recitative
- He shall feed his flock (Version I) - Air for Soprano
- He shall feed his flock (Version II) - Transposed for Alto and Soprano
- His yoke is easy, and his burthen is light - Chorus
- Behold the Lamb of God - Chorus
- He was despised - Air
- Surely he hath borne our griefs - Chorus
- And with his stripes we are healed - Chorus
- All we like sheep have gone astray - Chorus
- All they that see him laugh him to scorn - Recitative
- He trusted in God - Chorus
- Thy rebuke hath broken his heart - Recitative
- Behold, and see if there be any sorrow - Air
- He was cut off out of the land of the living - Recitative
- But thou didst not leave his soul in hell - Air
- Lift up your heads, O ye gates - Chorus
- Unto which of the angelsl said he at any time - Recitative
- Let all the angels of God worship him - Chorus
- Thou art gone up on high (Version I) - Air for Alto
- Thou art gone up on high (Version II) - Transposed for Soprano
- The Lord gave the word - Chorus
- How beautiful are the feet (Version I) - Air
- Their sound is gone out (Version I) - Chorus
- Why do the nations so furiously rage together (Version I) - Air
- Why do the nations so furiously rage together (Version II) - Air and Recitative
- Let us break their bonds asunder - Chorus
- He that dwelleth in heaven - Recitative
- Thou shalt break them - Air
- Hallelujah - Chorus
- I know that my redeemer liveth - Air
- Since by man came death - Chorus
- Behold, I tell you a mystery - Recitative
- The trumpet shall sound - Air
- Then shall be brought to pass - Recitative
- O death, where is thy sting? - Duet, Alto and Tenor
- But thanks be to God - Chorus
- If God be for us (Version I) - Air for Soprano
- If God be for us (Version II) - Transposed for Alto
- Worthy is the lamb that was slain - Chorus
- Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion (Version II) - Air (12/8)
- Thou art gone up on high (Version III) - Air for Bass
- How beautiful are the feet (Version II) - Air for Alto
- How beautiful are the feet...Break forth into joy - Duet and Chorus
- Their sound is gone out (Version II) - Air
A sacred oratorio
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
A sacred oratorio
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Ensemble: Choir Music
Format: Vocal Score