There are currently no items in your cart.
Messe de Requiem composed by Andre Campra (1660-1744). For ST(A)TBarB vocal soli, SST(A)TBarB/SST(A) choir, 2 flutes, 2 violins, 2 violas, bassi, basso continuo. This edition: Paperbound. French Sacred Music. Score available separately - see item CA.2100400. Requiem, Mourning, death. Vocal score. Language: Latin. Composed 1695. 64 pages. Duration 50 minutes. Published by Carus Verlag (CA.2100403).
ISBN M-007-00599-3. With Language: Latin. Requiem, Mourning, death.
The Requiem was composed during Campra's tenure as the director of music at the cathedral of Notre Dame. It was commissioned for a service in memory of the deceased Archbishop of Paris. At the end of the 18th century it became a tradition in southern France to perform movements of Campra's Requiem during funerals or at memorial services: There is evidence from as late as 1805 which verifies this practice. The scoring of this work is remarkable, in that it calls for four groups of performers: a five-voice "Grand Choeur," a 2-3 voice "Petit Choeur," three vocal soloists as well as an instrumental group designated as a "Symphonie.".
Messe de Requiem
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Messe de Requiem
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
More by this Composer: Andre Campra Sheet Music Andre Campra Voice Sheet Music Andre Campra Choir Sheet Music Andre Campra Piano and Keyboard Sheet Music Andre Campra Viola Sheet Music Andre Campra Violin Sheet Music Andre Campra Men's Choir Sheet Music
Ensemble: Men's Choir Music
Genre: Baroque Period Sheet Music
Format: Vocal Score
Series: French Sacred Music