There are currently no items in your cart.
Mercury Rising by Nathan Daughtrey. Percussion Ensemble. For Percussion Ensemble (Percussion 1 (bells, xylophone), Percussion 2 (3-octave vibraphone), Percussion 3 (4.3-octave marimba*), Percussion 4 (4.3-octave marimba*, bass drum), Percussion 5 (tam-tam, snare drum, suspended cymbal), Percussion 6 (4 concert toms, suspended cymbal), ). Percussion Music. Medium easy. Score and parts. Duration 5:20. Published by C. Alan Publications (CN.10520).
Featuring a balanced ensemble of keyboard and battery percussion, "Mercury Rising" is, in essence, a double fugue that gives all players the opportunity to shine.
Featuring a balanced ensemble of keyboard and battery percussion, "Mercury Rising" is, in essence, a double fugue that gives all players the opportunity to shine. After a brief anticipatory introduction, the tempo picks up and the keyboard percussion introduces the primary fugue theme (or subject), with entries by the marimba, the xylophone, and then the vibraphone. The battery joins the excitement before taking over the fugue subject, featuring the snare drum and concert toms. By the time the timpani takes over the subject, all members of the ensemble have entered leading to a climactic explosion at m. 72. After a brief developmental 3/4 section, in which fragments of the fugue subject are strewn about the ensemble, intensity continues to build to the end of the piece, as the theme appears in its loudest and fastest presentation yet.
About 2011 Midwest Clinic Performance Pieces
This title was performed at the 2011 Midwest Clinic, the largest band and choral educational conference in the United States. Over thirty performances are given each year by diverse ensembles of varying levels - elementary school, high school, college, military and more. Each performance title is carefully selected and represents the very best in educational sheet music. The Midwest Clinic aims to raise the standards of music education while supporting teachers and music educators.
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More by this Composer: Nathan Daughtrey Sheet Music Nathan Daughtrey Marimba Sheet Music Nathan Daughtrey Percussion Sheet Music Nathan Daughtrey Vibraphone Sheet Music Nathan Daughtrey Xylophone Sheet Music Nathan Daughtrey Percussion Ensemble Sheet Music
Ensemble: Percussion Ensemble Music