There are currently no items in your cart.
Mel Bay's Modern Guitar Method - Grade 1 composed by Mel Bay. For guitar. Saddle-stitched, Methods. Modern Guitar Method. Learn To Play. Beginning. Instructional book. Instructional text, illustrations, standard guitar notation and chord names. 48 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.93200).
ISBN 9780871663542. With instructional text, illustrations, standard guitar notation and chord names. Learn To Play. 8.75x11.75 inches.
The world's premier method for learning modern plectrum style guitar, time-tested and proven successful in building the theoretic and technical foundation needed to play in any style. All seven grades of this method are written in standard notation only to encourage better sight reading. In Grade 1, the student guitarist will learn to play solos, duets, scales, and chords in the keys of C, A minor, G and E minor. Even in Grade 1, the student is already exposed to the chord/melody concept of guitar performance.
A supplementary study book entitled Grade 1 Studies, two different play-along CD recordings (pop and traditional), and a VHS or DVD video are also available for purchase separately. The companion recordings feature Tommy Flint and William Bay playing in split-track format, with the solo parts performed on the right channel, and the accompaniment or second duet parts played on the left. The student can play along with the full recording, or tune out either channel and play the missing part.
- A Little Bit Of Hanon
- A Serenade
- A Study On The Third String
- A Visit To The Relatives
- Accompaniement Styles In The Key Of G
- Accompaniment Styles In The Key Of E Minor
- Amazing Grace
- Aura Lee
- Austrian Hymn
- Billy's Duet
- Bluegrass Waltz
- Buffalo Gals
- Careless Love
- Carry Me Back To Old Virginny
- Cockles And Mussels
- Cradle Song
- Follow the Leader
- Gliding Along
- Home on the Range
- Home, Home, Can I Forget Thee
- In The Evening By The Moonlight
- Long, Long Ago
- Michael, Row The Boat Ashore
- Minor Melody
- Morning Song
- Night Song
- Our First Duet
- Psalm 100
- Red River Valley
- Running Around
- Small Chord Etude
- Song without Words
- Sor's Waltz
- Southern Fried
- Sparkling Stella
- Tenting Tonight
- Terry's Tune
- The Blue Bells Of Scotland
- The Builder
- The Chord Waltz
- The Little Prince
- The Merry Men
- The Old Mill
- The Repeater
- Wayfarin' Stranger
- When The Saints Go Marching In
Mel Bay's Modern Guitar Method - Grade 1
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Mel Bay's Modern Guitar Method - Grade 1
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Instrument: Easy Guitar Sheet Music
Format: Collection / Songbook
Series: Modern Guitar Method