There are currently no items in your cart.
Masters of the Plectrum Guitar edited by William Bay. For Guitar (Flatpicking). Wire bound, Solos & Duets. All Styles. Intermediate-Advanced. Book. 280 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.95293).
ISBN 9780786602674. All Styles. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
This landmark book of music for the plectrum style jazz guitar took years to compile, write and edit. It contains some of the greatest solos and duets ever written and performed on the plectrum or flatpicked guitar, including works by Carl Kress, Dick McDonough, George Van Eps, Bucky Pizzarelli, George Barnes, Eddie Lang, George M Smith, Al Valenti, Mel Bay, Frank Victor, Harry Volpe, Carmen Mastren, Oscar Moore, Mundell Lowe, Tony Mottola, Al Hendrickson, and Cal Collins. All solos are in notation and tablature while the duets are shown in standard notation only.
- Danzon Performed by Dick Mcdonough And Carl Kress
- Rhythm A La Carte Performed by Harry Volpe
- Snowfall In April Performed by Harry Volpe, Jack Donahue
- You Tell Me Your Dream Performed by Arr Mel Bay
- After Thoughts Part I Performed by Carl Kress
- April Kisses Performed by Eddie Lang
- Estrelita, Little Star Performed by Arr George M. Smith
- Etude I Performed by Harry Volpe
- Serenade Performed by Riccardo Drigo, Arr. By Al Valenti
- Eighth-Note Triplet Boogie Performed by George Barnes
- Modern Etude Performed by Harry Volpe
- Stringin' Along With Annabelle Performed by Frank Victor
- Tranquilo Performed by Al Hendrickson
- Traumerei Performed by Schumann-Mel Bay
- Two Guitars Performed by Harry Volpe
- For Two In Love Performed by Tony Mottola
- Maple Leaf Rag Performed by Joplin-Mel Bay
- TO a Wild Rose Performed by Edward Macdowell, Arr Mel Bay
- Andante cantabile Performed by Harry Volpe
- Over And Over Blues Performed by Bucky Pizzarelli
- Peg-Leg Shuffle Performed by Carl Kress
- Sweet Strings Performed by Frank Victor, Harry Volpe
- Easy Listenin' Blues Performed by Nadine Robinson
- Lament In E Performed by Carmen Mastren, Albert Harris
- Mighty Lak'a Rose Performed by Nevin-Mel Bay
- Test Pilot Performed by George M. Smith
- Warm Feelings Performed by Tony Mottola
- Bang! Bang! Performed by George M. Smith
- Helena Performed by Carl Kress
- Pick It And Play It Performed by Frank Victor
- St. Louis Blues Performed by Arr George Barnes
- Strolling Thru Manhattan Performed by George M. Smith
- Sunshine Performed by Joe Venuti, Eddie Lang
- Sutton Mutton (Taking It On The Lamb) Performed by Carl Kress
- Chicken A La Swing Performed by Dick Mcdonough And Carl Kress
- Love Song Performed by Carl Kress
- My Cherished Prelude Performed by Harry Volpe
- A Handful Of Riffs Performed by Eddie Lang
- After Thoughts Part Iii Performed by Carl Kress
- I Had Picked You Performed by Bucky Pizzarelli
- Midnight Clear Performed by Harry Volpe
- Romantic Performed by Harry Volpe
- Sweet Lorraine Performed by Clif Burwell, Mitchell Parish Arr Mel Bay
- Stage Fright Performed by Dick Mcdonough And Carl Kress
- Gee Baby, Ain't I Good To You Performed by Words And Music By Don Redman, Andy Razaf
- None But the Lonely Heart Performed by Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky Arr. By Al Valenti
- Tango Performed by George Van Eps
- After Thoughts Part Ii Performed by Carl Kress
- I Think You Always Knew Performed by Music By Mundell Lowe
- Love You Madly Performed by Al Hendrickson
- Slow Burning Performed by George M. Smith
- Narcissus Performed by Nevin-Mel Bay
- Rainbow's End Performed by Eddie Lang
- Smoke Eyes Performed by Bucky Pizzarelli
- Squattin' At The Grotto Performed by John Van Eps And George Van Eps
- Dark Eyes Medley Performed by George M. Smith
- Feelin' My Way Performed by Eddie Lang
- Pickin' My Way Performed by Eddie Lang
- Poor Butterfly Performed by Cal Collins
- Satin Doll Performed by Duke Ellington, Johnny Mercer, Billy Strayhorn Arr
- Stringin' The Blues Performed by Joe Venuti, Eddie Lang
- Tony's Tune Performed by Tony Mottola
- My Gal Sal Performed by Cal Collins
- Swingin' The Scale Performed by Harry Volpe, Frank Victor
Masters of the Plectrum Guitar
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Masters of the Plectrum Guitar
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Instrument: Flatpicking Guitar Sheet Music
Format: Collection / Songbook