Mastering the Piano, Book 5
Piano - Late Intermediate
A 7-Volume Series of Motivating Performance Repertoire. By perf. Valery Lloyd-Watts. Edited by Valery Lloyd-Watts. Graded Standard Repertoire; Masterworks; Piano Collection. Masterwork. Book & CD. 48 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.22508).
Item Number: AP.22508
This new series features carefully selected performance repertoire of the great masters from all eras. Each piece is accessible to students and creates a feeling of accomplishment. Diverse in style and expression, each selection features melodic, rhythmic, or harmonic patterning to allow for ease in teaching and memorization. The CD, performed by Valery Lloyd-Watts, provides a powerful auditory tool for musical interpretation. Lloyd-Watts studied at the Conservatory of Music in Toronto and the Royal College of Music in London. She earned a Master of Music degree from the University of Wisconsin, where she studied with Paul Badura-Skoda. She co-authored the text Studying Suzuki Piano: More than Music, which was endorsed by Dr. Suzuki.
- Gigue in B-Flat Major [BWV 825] Composed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Minuet in G Major [Op. 14, No. 1] Additional credits Ignace Jan Paderewski
- O Polichinelo Additional credits Heitor Villa-Lobos
- Prelude in E Major [Op. 28, No. 9] Composed by FrÃ©dÃ©ric Chopin
- Rhapsodie Mignonne [Op. 410] Additional credits Carl KÃ¶lling
- Rondo Alla Turca Composed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Sonata In C Major Composed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Sonata No. 84 in D Major Additional credits Padre Antonio Soler
- Sonata Quasi una Fantasia [Op. 27, No. 2] Composed by Ludwig Van Beethoven
- Waltz in D-Flat Major [Op. 64, No. 1] Composed by FrÃ©dÃ©ric Chopin