Mastering the Piano, Book 4
Piano - Intermediate; Late Intermediate
A 7-Volume Series of Motivating Performance Repertoire. By perf. Valery Lloyd-Watts. Edited by Valery Lloyd-Watts. Graded Standard Repertoire; Masterworks; Piano Collection. Masterwork. Book & CD. 40 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.22503).
Item Number: AP.22503
This new series features carefully selected performance repertoire of the great masters from all eras. Each piece is accessible to students and creates a feeling of accomplishment. Diverse in style and expression, each selection features melodic, rhythmic, or harmonic patterning to allow for ease in teaching and memorization. The CD, performed by Valery Lloyd-Watts, provides a powerful auditory tool for musical interpretation.
Valery Lloyd-Watts studied at the Conservatory of Music in Toronto and the Royal College of Music in London. She earned a Master of Music degree from the University of Wisconsin, where she studied with Paul Badura-Skoda. She co-authored the text Studying Suzuki Piano: More than Music, which was endorsed by Dr. Suzuki.
- FÃ¼r Elise Composed by Ludwig Van Beethoven
- Important Event [Op. 15, No. 6] Composed by Robert Schumann
- Le Petit NÃ¨gre Composed by Claude Debussy
- Prelude in C Minor [Op. 28, No. 20] Composed by FrÃ©dÃ©ric Chopin
- Prelude No. 1 in C Major [BMV 846] Composed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Sonata In D Major Additional credits Mateo AlbÃ©niz
- Sonatina No. 1 in C Major [Op. 20, No. 1] Additional credits Friedrich Kuhlau
- Tarantella Additional credits Albert Pieczonka
- Waltz in A-Flat Major [Op. 39, No. 15] Composed by Johannes Brahms
- Waltz in D Major [Op. 127, No. 1] Composed by Franz Schubert