Mastering the Piano, Book 2
Piano - Early Intermediate; Intermediate
A 7-Volume Series of Motivating Performance Repertoire. By perf. Valery Lloyd-Watts. Edited by Valery Lloyd-Watts. Graded Standard Repertoire; Masterworks; Piano Collection. Masterwork. Book & CD. 24 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.22382).
Item Number: AP.22382
This new series features carefully selected performance repertoire of the great masters from all eras. Each piece is accessible to students and creates a feeling of accomplishment. Diverse in style and expression, each selection features melodic, rhythmic, or harmonic patterning to allow for ease in teaching and memorization. The CD, performed by Valery Lloyd-Watts, provides a powerful auditory tool for musical interpretation.
Valery Lloyd-Watts studied at the Conservatory of Music in Toronto and the Royal College of Music in London. She earned a Master of Music degree from the University of Wisconsin, where she studied with Paul Badura-Skoda. She co-authored the text Studying Suzuki Piano: More than Music, which was endorsed by Dr. Suzuki.
- A Pleasant Morning [Op. 63, No. 1] Composed by Jean Louis Streabbog
- Arabesque [Op. 100, No. 2] Composed by Johann Freidrich BurgmÃ¼ller
- Ballade [Op. 100, No. 15] Composed by Johann Freidrich BurgmÃ¼ller
- Burleske Additional credits Leopold Mozart
- Distant Bells [Op. 63, No. 6] Composed by Jean Louis Streabbog
- Innocence [Op. 100, No. 5] Composed by Johann Freidrich BurgmÃ¼ller
- Minuet in G Major (Anna Magdalena Notebook) [BWV Anhang 114] Additional credits Christian Petzold
- Minuet in G Major (Anna Magdalena Notebook) [BWV Anhang 116] Composed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Sonatina in A Minor Additional credits Georg Anton Benda
- Sonatina in C Major (First Movement) [Op. 36, No. 1] Composed by Muzio Clementi
- The Bear Composed by Vladimir Rebikov
- The Happy Farmer [Op. 68, No. 10] Composed by Robert Schumann