Mastering the Piano, Book 1
Piano - Elementary; Late Elementary
A 7-Volume Series of Motivating Performance Repertoire. By perf. Valery Lloyd-Watts. Edited by Valery Lloyd-Watts. Graded Standard Repertoire; Masterworks; Piano Collection. Masterwork. Book & CD. 16 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.22379).
Item Number: AP.22379
This new series features carefully selected performance repertoire of the great masters from all eras. Each piece is accessible to students and creates a feeling of accomplishment. Diverse in style and expression, each selection features melodic, rhythmic, or harmonic patterning to allow for ease in teaching and memorization. The CD, performed by Valery Lloyd-Watts, provides a powerful auditory tool for musical interpretation.
Valery Lloyd-Watts studied at the Conservatory of Music in Toronto and the Royal College of Music in London. She earned a Master of Music degree from the University of Wisconsin, where she studied with Paul Badura-Skoda. She co-authored the text Studying Suzuki Piano: More than Music, which was endorsed by Dr. Suzuki.
- Allegretto in C Major [Op. 117, No. 5] Composed by Cornelius Gurlitt
- Allegretto In D Major Composed by Cornelius Gurlitt
- Allegro in C Major Additional credits Alexander Reinagle
- Dance in C Major [Op. 82, No. 19] Composed by Cornelius Gurlitt
- Etude in C Major Additional credits Albert Biehl,Ferdinand Beyer
- Fanfare [Op. 117, No. 8] Composed by Cornelius Gurlitt
- Jumping Rope [Op. 82, No. 36] Composed by Cornelius Gurlitt
- March in C Major Additional credits Daniel Gottlob TÃ¼rk
- Minuet in G Major Additional credits Alexander Reinagle
- Strolling [Op 82, No. 10] Composed by Cornelius Gurlitt
- Teeter-Totter [Op. 599, No. 9] Composed by Carl Czerny
- The Harp Player [Op. 25, No. 59] Additional credits Anton Krause
- The Shepherd Pipes Additional credits Tat'iana Salutrinskaya