Mastering Piano 6 (Book/CD set)
Piano solo - Difficulty: medium-difficult
A 7-Volume Series of Motivating Performance Repertoire. By perf. Valery Lloyd-Watts. Edited by Carole L. Bigler and Valery Lloyd-Watts. Graded Standard Repertoire; Masterworks; Piano Collection. Mastering the Piano. Classical. Book/CD set. 63 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.25754).
Item Number: AP.25754
ISBN 0739041525. 9x12 inches.
This new series features carefully selected performance repertoire of the great masters from all eras. Each piece is accessible to students and creates a feeling of accomplishment. Diverse in style and expression, each selection features melodic, rhythmic, or harmonic patterning to allow for ease in teaching and memorization. The CD, performed by Valery Lloyd-Watts, provides a powerful auditory tool for musical interpretation.
Valery Lloyd-Watts studied at the Conservatory of Music in Toronto and the Royal College of Music in London. She earned a Master of Music degree from the University of Wisconsin, where she studied with Paul Badura-Skoda. She co-authored the text Studying Suzuki Piano: More than Music, which was endorsed by Dr. Suzuki.
- The Cascasdes - A Rag Composed by Scott Joplin
- Fantasia in D Minor, K. 397 Composed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Impromptu No. 4 in A-flat Major, Op. 90, No. 4 Composed by Franz Schubert
- "Military" Polonaise in A Major, Op. 40, No. 1 Composed by Frederic Chopin
- Nocturne in C-sharp minor, KK IVa/16, (posth.) Composed by Frederic Chopin
- "Pathetique" Sonata, 2nd mvt., Op. 13 Composed by Ludwig Van Beethoven
- Waltz in C-shapr Minor, Op. 64, No. 2 Composed by Frederic Chopin
- Wedding Day at Troldhaugen, Op. 65, No. 6 Composed by Edvard Grieg