There are currently no items in your cart.
Mastering Mandolin (The Complete Mandolin Method). Composed by Wayne Fugate. For Other Fretted. Mandolin Method or Supplement; Method/Instruction. Complete Method. Book & CD. Published by Alfred Music (AP.22671).
This jam-packed mandolin method continues in its final installment with a study of advanced harmonies and chord forms in all 12 keys. Also covered are chord/melody playing, chord substitution, and forms such as the 12-bar blues and "Rhythm Changes." In addition, the book takes an exhaustive approach to melodic studies, touching on the modes of the major scale, the pentatonic scales, the chromatic scale, the whole-tone scale, and improvisation.
- About the Author
- CHAPTER 1---WARM-UPS
- Exercises for the Left Hand
- Working Fingers in Pairs
- Right-Hand Exercises
- PART ONE---HARMONY
- CHAPTER 2---IMPORTANT CHORDS
- Extended Major Chords
- Extended Minor Chords
- Extended Dominant Chords
- Diminished 7th Chords
- Other Important Chords
- Altered Chords
- Chord Reference Charts
- Finding Other Voicings
- CHAPTER 3---CHORD PROGRESSIONS
- Blues Forms
- 8-Bar Blues
- 12-Bar Blues
- 16-Bar Blues (1st Variation)
- 16-Bar Blues (2nd Variation)
- 24-Bar Blues
- 12-Bar Blues in G
- Almost Time
- Blues Grass Ramble
- Jazz---Rhythm Changes
- Rhythm Changes (Basic)
- Rhythm Changes---Swing
- Rhythm Changes---Bebop
- Rhythm Changes (Tritone Substitution)
- Criminal Satisfaction
- Chord Substitution
- Rollin' in My Sweet Baby's Arms (Straight)
- Rollin' in My Sweet Baby's Arms (Tritone Substitution)
- Rollin' in My Sweet Baby's Arms (Minor 3rd Substitution)
- Rollin' in My Sweet Baby's Arms (Dim7 Substitution)
- CHAPTER 4---CHORD/MELODY
- Mississippi Sawyer (Melody)
- Creating a Chord/Melody
- Mississippi Sawyer (Jethro Style)
- PART TWO---MELODY
- CHAPTER 5---SCALES AND MODES
- Generating the Modes from a Parent Scale
- The Relative View
- The Parallel View
- Mode Characteristics and Fingerings
- Using the Modes
- The Rights Of Man
- Drunken Sailor
- June Apple
- Over The Waterfall
- Pentatonic Scales
- Spootiskerry Reel
- The Blues Scale
- The Whole-Tone Scale
- The Chromatic Scale
- The Five Basic Scale Types Every Mandolin Player Should Know
- PART THREE---RHYTHM
- CHAPTER 6---EXPLORING TIME SIGNATURES
- Review of Compound Meter
- A Trip To The Cottage
- Banish Misfortune
- The Butterfly
- Dan O'Keefe's Slide
- Odd Meters
- 5-Time Waltz
- CHAPTER 7---MELODIC RHYTHM
- Soldier's Joy
- Soldier's Joy---Waltz
- Soldier's Joy---Jig
- PART FOUR---PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- CHAPTER 8---IMPROVISATION
- Raking Leaves No. 1
- Raking Leaves No. 2
- Raking Leaves No. 3
- Raking Leaves No. 4
- Raking Leaves No. 5
- Raking Leaves No. 6
- CHAPTER 9---FINDING MATERIALFROM AROUND THE WORLD
- Old French (Canada)
- Simo Ligeri
- WRAPPING UP---FINAL THOUGHTSAND SUGGESTIONS
The Complete Mandolin Method
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
The Complete Mandolin Method
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instrument: Mandolin Sheet Music