Mark Hayes: The Art of Gospel Song - Medium-high Voice
Medium high voice, piano
Eight Traditional Song Arrangements for Medium-High Voice and Piano. Composed by Mark Hayes. Sacred Vocal. Vocal score and accompaniment CD. Lorenz Publishing Company #30/2641L. Published by Lorenz Publishing Company (LO.30-2641L).
Item Number: LO.30-2641L
Inspired by the gospel songs of an extraordinary generation of nineteenth-century writers, Mark Hayes has arranged an exceptional collection of eight vocal solos partnered with distinguished piano accompaniments in an art-song style. Incorporating twelve gospel classics, these musical treasures, available for both medium-high and medium-low voices, are worthy of concerts and worship alike. As an added bonus, Mark has recorded accompaniments in both voicings as well as "Mark's Musings"--narratives that offer the performer insight into the arranger's inspirations for each song--all contained on the included CD.
- On to Higher Ground ("When the Morning Comes" and "Higher Ground")
- When He Cometh
- Near the Cross ("Jesus, Keep Me Near the Cross" and "I Am Thine, O Lord")
- How I Trust Him ("'Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus" and "He Hideth My Soul")
- Wonderful Words Of Life
- My Faith Has Found A Resting Place
- Joyful Sound ("We Have Heard the Joyful Sound" and "Send the Light")
- To God Be The Glory