There are currently no items in your cart.
Manhattan (Grade 4 - Score and Parts). Composed by Philip Sparke (1951-). For Concert Band, Trumpet. Anglo Music Concert Band. Grade 4. Anglo Music Press #AMP060-030. Published by Anglo Music Press (HL.44004952).
Also available for trumpet and piano (HL44005496)
Manhattan was commissioned by the United States Army Band for their trumpet soloist Woodrow English, and first performed by them in Carnegie Hall, New York, in November 2003. Wanting to write a piece that demonstrated both the lyrical and technical abilities of this outstanding player, the composer decided on a two-movement work showcasing these qualities, and with the intention that the movements could be played individually when a shorter solo is required. The theme is a weekend in New York, and the opening bluesy movement (“Saturday Serenade”) describes the city on a Saturday night, perhaps in a smoke-filled jazz bar. While writing “Sunday Scherzo,” the composer pictured an early morning jog in Central Park. This vivaciously rhythmic movement ends with an even quicker coda which brings the work to a brilliant close.
1 - FULL SCORE pages
1 - PICCOLO pages
2 - FLUTE 1 pages
2 - FLUTE 2 pages
2 - OBOE pages
1 - BASSOON pages
1 - EB CLARINET pages
5 - BB CLARINET 1 pages
5 - BB CLARINET 2 pages
5 - BB CLARINET 3 pages
1 - EB ALTO CLARINET pages
1 - BB BASS CLARINET pages
1 - EB ALTO SAXOPHONE 1 pages
1 - EB ALTO SAXOPHONE 2 pages
2 - BB TENOR SAXOPHONE pages
1 - EB BARITONE SAXOPHONE pages
1 - BB TRUMPET SOLO pages
2 - BB TRUMPET 1 pages
2 - BB TRUMPET 2 pages
2 - BB TRUMPET 3 pages
1 - HORN 1 IN F pages
1 - HORN 2 IN F pages
1 - HORN 3 IN F pages
1 - HORN 4 IN F pages
2 - TROMBONE 1 pages
2 - TROMBONE 2 pages
2 - TROMBONE 3 pages
2 - EUPHONIUM BC pages
2 - EUPHONIUM TC pages
4 - TUBA pages
1 - DOUBLE BASS pages
1 - PERCUSSION 1 pages
1 - PERCUSSION 2 pages
1 - PERCUSSION 3 pages
1 - TIMPANI pages
Grade 4 - Score and Parts
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Grade 4 - Score and Parts
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Instrument: B-Flat Trumpet Sheet Music
Ensemble: Concert Band Music
Level: Grade 4