There are currently no items in your cart.
Mandolin for Beginners (An Easy Beginning Method). For mandolin. Mandolin Method or Supplement; Method/Instruction. National Guitar Workshop Method - Approved Curriculum. Instructional and Method. Beginner. Instructional book and accompaniment CD. Standard notation, mandolin tablature and instructional text. 48 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.19405).
ISBN 0739010980. With standard notation, mandolin tablature and instructional text. Instructional and Method. 9x12 inches.
This book teaches everything you need to know to get started playing the mandolin. Beginning with how to hold and tune the instrument, read tablature and do some basic strumming, you'll be guided all the way to reading music, developing tremolo technique and improvising. With pieces in styles ranging from folk and old Italian gondolier music to the blues and rock 'n' roll, this book is the start you need to go in any direction you like with your mandolin. The CD includes exercises.
- About the Author
- Chapter 1 - The Basics
- How to Tune the Mandolin
- Holding the Mandolin
- Right-Hand Position
- Metronome Markings
- Left-Hand Position
- Left-Hand Finger Warm-up Exercises
- Reading Tablature
- Au Claire de la Lune
- Hot Cross Buns
- Fingerboard Theory Lesson #1
- Merrily We Roll Along
- Amazing Grace
- Fingerboard Theory Lesson #2
- Chapter 2 - Chords
- Reading a Chord Diagram
- Two Chords: G and D
- Strumming Chords in Rhythm - Quarter Notes
- The C Chord
- Strumming Chords in Rhythm - Eighth Notes
- Three More Chords: A Minor, D Minor and E7
- Chapter 3 - Reading Music
- Time Signature
- Read a Tune
- Alternate Picking
- Half Notes and Whole Notes
- Notes on the 2nd Course
- Notes on the 1st Course
- Old Joe Clark
- 3/4 Time
- Dotted Half Notes
- 2/4 Time
- Yankee Doodle
- Chapter 4 - Tremolo
- The Basic Technique - Unmeasured Tremolo
- Sixteenth Notes
- Measured Tremolo
- Double Stops
- In The Foothills
- Chapter 5 - 6/8 Time, Keys and Scales
- Simple vs. Compound Meter
- 6/8 Picking
- The Tarantella
- The Major Scale
- Keys and Tonal Centers
- Key Signatures
- Kesh Jig
- Chapter 6 - More Tunes
- The Red-Haired Boy
- Prelude in G Minor
- Prelude in D
- Wake Up, Rod
- Chapter 7 - Improvising
- Improvising with the Major Pentatonic Scale
- Improvising Over a Chord Progression
- Improvising with the Minor Pentatonic Scale
- The Blues
- G Blues
- Appendix - Chord Dictionary
Mandolin for Beginners
An Easy Beginning Method
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Mandolin for Beginners
An Easy Beginning Method
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.