Lovers, Lasses & Spring
14 Classical Songs for Soprano Ages Mid-Teens and Up. Vocal Collection. Play Along. Softcover Audio Online. 88 pages. Published by Hal Leonard (HL.740264).
Item Number: HL.740264
ISBN 0634068547. 9x12 inches.
Lovers, Lasses and Spring complements The First Book of Soprano Solos and The First Book of Soprano Solos Part II. It is a selection of beginning coloratura songs, to be used to teach vocal agility, and comes with online audio access to piano accompaniments. The songs are all in English, and the ranges tend to explore the higher end of the soprano voice, using melismas and scale passages within a moderately florid style of singing. The style of music in Lovers, Lasses and Spring permits a freedom of singing that allows the voice to soar, something that sopranos really enjoy at this stage of development.
- When Love Is Kind (arr. Lehmann)
- Cherry Ripe (Horn)
- It Was a Lover and His Lass (German)
- Love's a Merchant (Carew)
- Woodland Voices (Godfrey)
- Be Still, Blackbird (Sanderson)
- Charming Chloe (German)
- The Lass with the Delicate Air (M. Arne)
- Kerry Dance, The (Molloy)
- Piper of Love, The (Carew)
- Smile of Spring, The (Fletcher)
- Little Damozel, The (Novello)
- Little Shepherd's Song, The (Watts)
- Heart That's Free, A (Robyn)