Love Songs for Solo Singers
Voice (High voice (Medium-High))
12 Contemporary Settings of Favorites from the Great American Songbook for Solo Voice and Piano (Medium High Voice). Arranged by Jay Althouse. Vocal Collection. For Solo Singers. Love. Book & CD. 64 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.28864).
Item Number: AP.28864
ISBN 0739053434. Love.
The second in our series of vocal collections from the Great American Songbook, Love Songs for Solo Singers features a mix of well-known standards focusing on the everlasting subject of "love." Don't miss these fresh, new arrangements written especially for today's singers! Songs include: Ain't Misbehavin* As Time Goes By* Come Rain or Come Shine* Embraceable You* If Ever I Would Leave You* Let's Do It (Let's Fall in Love)* My Funny Valentine* Night and Day* Starting Here, Starting Now* What Are You Doing the Rest of Your Life?* You Made Me Love You* You're the Cure for What Ails Me.
- Ain't Misbehavin' Composed by Thomas "Fats" Waller,Harry Brooks;Lyrics by Andy Razaf
- As Time Goes By Composed by Herman Hupfeld
- Come Rain Or Come Shine Composed by Harold Arlen;Lyrics by Johnny Mercer
- Embraceable You Composed by George Gershwin;Lyrics by Ira Gershwin
- If Ever I Would Leave You Composed by Frederick Loewe;Lyrics by Alan Jay Lerner
- Let's Do It (Let's Fall In Love) Composed by Cole Porter
- My Funny Valentine Composed by Richard Rodgers;Lyrics by Lorenz Hart
- Night and Day Composed by Cole Porter
- Starting Here, Starting Now Composed by David Shire;Lyrics by Richard Maltby Jr.
- What Are You Doing The Rest Of Your Life? Composed by Michel Legrand;Lyrics by Alan Bergman,Marilyn Bergman
- You're The Cure For What Ails Me Composed by Harold Arlen;Lyrics by E.Y. "Yip" Harburg