There are currently no items in your cart.
Lincoln Portrait (For Symphonic Band and Narrator). Composed by Aaron Copland (1900-1990). Arranged by Walter Beeler. For Concert Band (Score & Parts). Boosey & Hawkes Concert Band. Boosey & Hawkes #M051617616. Published by Boosey & Hawkes (HL.48006215).
Lincoln Portrait was commissioned by Andre Kostelanetz for the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra in 1942. A stirring tribute to an eminent American, it includes fragments of songs from the Civil War era, sweeping original themes, and a narration drawn from Lincoln's own words. This transcription by Walter Beeler has become a staple in the repertoire for wind bands, and provides an impressive way to help celebrate the 200th anniversary of Lincoln's birth.
Audio used with permission from the Mark Records CD: Northshore Concert Band “Live at the 2001 Midwest Clinic”; John Lynch, conductor; Dr. William Warfield, narrator
(Score Only – 48006216/$15.50).
1 - FULL SCORE 40 pages
1 - NARRATOR 12 pages
1 - PICCOLO 4 pages
6 - CONCERT FLUTE 3 pages
2 - OBOE 4 pages
1 - ENGLISH HORN 2 pages
1 - 1ST BASSOON 3 pages
1 - 2ND BASSOON 3 pages
4 - SOLO AND 1ST BB CLARINET 4 pages
4 - 2ND BB CLARINET 4 pages
4 - 3RD BB CLARINET 4 pages
2 - EB ALTO CLARINET 4 pages
2 - BB BASS CLARINET 3 pages
1 - 1ST EB ALTO SAXOPHONE 3 pages
1 - 2ND ALTO SAXOPHONE 3 pages
2 - BB TENOR SAXOPHONE 2 pages
1 - EB BARITONE SAXOPHONE 2 pages
2 - BB TRUMPET 2 pages
3 - SOLO & BB CORNET 1 3 pages
3 - 3RD BB CORNET 2 pages
3 - 2ND BB CORNET 2 pages
2 - 1ST & 2ND F HORN 3 pages
2 - 3RD & 4TH F HORN 3 pages
2 - BASS TROMBONE 2 pages
2 - 1ST TROMBONE 2 pages
2 - 2ND TROMBONE 2 pages
2 - BARITONE B.C. 3 pages
1 - BARITONE T.C. 3 pages
6 - BASSES 3 pages
1 - STRING BASS 3 pages
6 - PERCUSSION 2 pages
1 - TIMPANI 2 pages
1 - BELLS/XYLOPHONE 1 page
For Symphonic Band and Narrator
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
For Symphonic Band and Narrator
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ensemble: Concert Band Music