Light the Fire - Collection
Unison voices, various voicings, piano
Composed by Liam Lawton. Sacred. Collection. With guitar chord names. 88 pages. Published by GIA Publications (GI.G-4559).
Item Number: GI.G-4559
Text source: Lawton, Liam; ICEL.
Liam Lawton's collection, Light the Fire, is a lilting, melodic Celtic feast. There's a marvelous mass setting with assembly parts that are so singable they seem to dance! The Gloria, gospel acclamation, and eucharistic acclamations are obviously drawn from a cultural tradition of communal singing. You cannot help but participate!
"The Darkest Hour" was written to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the Great Famine, which plagued the Emerald Isle and resulted in the immigration of so many Irish to this country. Parishes commemorating this painful anniversary will want to make use of this haunting work. The title song, "Light the Fire," is an anthem to St. Brigid.
Could It Be? - Gather - The Martyrs' Theme (Ps. 121) - How Can I Repay? (Ps. 116) - The Eucharist (Holy, Memorial, Dox/Amen) - Every Heart - Song for Oran (Gloria) - The Darkest Hour - Pilgrim Song (Alleluia) - The Weaver - The Weaver (instrumental) - A Celtic Rune - Kyrie - Pater Noster - Peace Prayer - The Hermit Song (and alternate text) - Light the Fire: Anthem to St. Brigid.
- Could It Be?
- The MartyrsÕ Theme (I Rejoiced) - Psalm 122
- How Can I Repay? (Psalm 116)
- The Eucharist - Holy, Holy
- The Eucharist - Memorial Acclamation
- The Eucharist - Doxology and Great Amen
- Every Heart
- Song for îran (Glory to God)
- The Darkest Hour
- Pilgrim Song (Alleluia)
- The Weaver
- The Weaver (instrumental) *
- A Celtic Rune (Lord, Hear Our Prayer)
- Pater Noster (Our Father)
- Peace Prayer (and Lamb of God)
- The Hermit Song
- The Hermit Song - alternate text
- Light the Fire (Anthem to St. Brigid)
Customers Who Bought Light the Fire - Collection Also Bought: