There are currently no items in your cart.
Legends of Bottleneck Blues Guitar by Son House, Fred McDowell, Mance Lipscomb, Johnny Shines, Furry Lewis, and Jesse Fuller. For Guitar (Slide/Bottleneck). Boxed, Concert/Documentary. Vestapol. Blues. DVD. Duration 58 minutes. Published by Grossman's Guitar Workshop (MB.13002DVD).
This video presents rare and historical recordings from 1965 to 1970 of some of the greatest exponents of bottleneck blues technique. Black bottleneck guitar styles were probably initially inspired by lap-style Hawaiian slide guitar which enjoyed immense popularity shortly after its inception in the mid-1890s. By 1903, it was already in vogue in Mississippi (and probably elsewhere) according to testimony from W. C. Handy, Gus Cannon, and others. Although particularly popular in Mississippi and Louisiana, bottleneck styles could be found the length and breadth of the rural South. While there were similarities among guitarists in some locales, there was no preponderant style or approach other than the abilities and imagination of the guitarist employing a slide technique. The musicians presented in this video are among the greatest exponents of slide blues guitar who ever lived and are ample testimony to the superb variety available in this style. Features Son House, Johnny Shines, Fred McDowell, Jesse Fuller, Furry Lewis, and Mance Lipscomb.
- Brownsville Blues Performed by Played By Furry Lewis
- Motherless Children Have a Hard Time Performed by Played By Mance Lipscomb
- Break 'Em On Down Performed by Played By Fred McDowell
- Ramblin' Performed by Played By Johnny Shines
- Tell Me Mama Performed by Played By Johnny Shines
- Louise Performed by Played By Fred McDowell
- Mr. Tom Green's Farm Performed by Played By Johnny Shines
- I'm Glad Salvation's Free Performed by Played By Jesse Fuller
- John Henry Performed by Played By Jesse Fuller
- Levee Camp Moon Performed by Played By Son House
- Death Letter Blues Performed by Played By Son House
- Hark From The Tomb Performed by Played By Jesse Fuller
- I Heard Somebody Call Performed by Played By Fred McDowell
- My Babe Performed by Played By Fred McDowell
- Keep Your Lamp Trimmed And Burning Performed by Played By Fred McDowell
Legends of Bottleneck Blues Guitar
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Legends of Bottleneck Blues Guitar
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Instrument: Electric Guitar Sheet Music
Genre: Blues Sheet Music
Format: Performance DVD
Series: Mel Bay Vestapol Series