There are currently no items in your cart.
Legacies (score only) composed by Nathan Daughtrey. Percussion Ensemble. For Percussion Ensemble (Percussion 1 (bells, crotales, high woodblock) Percussion 2 (vibraphone, sizzle cymbal, medium woodblock) Percussion 3 (vibraphone, low woodblock) Percussion 4 (chimes, xylophone, claves) Percussion 5 (4-oct marimba, medium tom) Percussion 6 (4.3-oct mari). Medium. Score only. Duration 8:00. Published by C. Alan Publications (CN.19241).
Commissioned by the NC Chapter of the Percussive Arts Society to honor composer & percussionist Lynn Glassock, "Legacies" is a rousing work of great depth and variety. Using a similar instrumentation and rhythmic quotes from Glassock's classic work "Factions," Daughtrey has created a completely original and challenging tribute to one of his first compositional influences.
Legacies was commissioned by the North Carolina Chapter of the Percussive Arts Society to honor renowned composer/percussionist/educator Lynn Glassock, who recently retired from his position at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. This commission has a particularly special meaning to me, as Lynn's percussion octet "Layers" that was the first percussion ensemble work I ever played. The impact his music has had on the world of percussion is immense, not to mention the impact it has had on my own compositions. As a starting point, I used very similar instrumentation to Lynn's piece 'Factions' for 10 percussionists. Driven primarily by keyboard percussion, each performer additionally plays a battery or accessory instrument. The opening unison rhythm from 'Factions' is also quoted and fragmented throughout 'Legacies.' All of the melodic and harmonic material was derived from chromatically spelling out the name LYNN GLASSOCK with pitches.
Legacies (score only)
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Legacies (score only)
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More by this Composer: Nathan Daughtrey Sheet Music Nathan Daughtrey Marimba Sheet Music Nathan Daughtrey Percussion Sheet Music Nathan Daughtrey Vibraphone Sheet Music Nathan Daughtrey Xylophone Sheet Music Nathan Daughtrey Percussion Ensemble Sheet Music
Ensemble: Percussion Ensemble Music