Learn to Play Fingerstyle Solos for Ukulele
Ukulele (Soprano) - Beginning-Intermediate
Composed by Mark Kailana Nelson. Perfect binding, Methods. All Styles. Book/CD Set. 96 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.21050BCD).
Item Number: MB.21050BCD
ISBN 9780786673421. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
While the ukulele is enjoying a well-deserved renaissance on the mainland, in the land of it's birth, it has never gone out of style. Hawaiian's took to the "jumping flea" right from the start, creating music of stunning beauty and versatility. Now intermediate players can learn to play lovely finger style solo arrangements of classic Hawaiian songs, folk songs, standards - even a few pieces from the classical guitar repertoire.
The book offers 27 arrangements from around the world written in standard notation and tablature playable on any ukulele. Songs are grouped according to level of difficulty, starting with simple arrangements well within the grasp of dedicated beginners and intermediate players and leading through more challenging songs featuring unusual chord voicings, inversions up the neck, tricky fingerings and "all the fun stuff" the author could muster. To aid the student, the companion CD includes all of the songs taught. Includes chord charts, inversion studies, introductory material on finger-picking and making the transition from strumming to melodic playing.
- Ahi Wela Performed by Lizzie Doirin & Mary Beckley
- All Through the Night (basic arrangement)
- All Through the Night (extended arrangement)
- Aloha 'Oe Performed by Queen Lili'uokalani
- Blue 'Ukulele Blues Performed by Mark L. Nelson
- Danny Boy
- Dona Nobis Pacem
- E Ku'u Morning Dew Performed by Eddie Kamae
- E Ku'u Morning Dew (Slack Key Style)
- Gaviotas Performed by Mark L. Nelson
- Hilo March Performed by Joseph K. 'Ae'a
- How to Pronounce Hawaiian
- Isa Lei
- Isa Lei (extended arrangement)
- Kaulana Na Pua Performed by Ellen Prendergast
- Las Mananitas
- Mbube (Wimoweh)
- Minuet In G Performed by Attributed To J.S. Bach
- New Spanish Fandango
- Over The Rainbow Performed by E.Y. Harburg/Harold Arien
- Planxty Irwin Performed by Turlough O'Carolan
- Pua Sadinia Performed by David Nape
- The Ragged Little Flea Performed by Mark L. Nelson
- The Southwind
- Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star
- Wehiwehi 'Oe Performed by S. Kalama