There are currently no items in your cart.
Learn to Play Fingerstyle Solos for Ukulele composed by Mark Kailana Nelson. For Ukulele (Soprano). Perfect binding, Methods. All Styles. Beginning-Intermediate. Book/CD Set. 96 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.21050BCD).
ISBN 9780786673421. All Styles. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
While the ukulele is enjoying a well-deserved renaissance on the mainland, in the land of it's birth, it has never gone out of style. Hawaiian's took to the "jumping flea" right from the start, creating music of stunning beauty and versatility. Now intermediate players can learn to play lovely finger style solo arrangements of classic Hawaiian songs, folk songs, standards - even a few pieces from the classical guitar repertoire.
The book offers 27 arrangements from around the world written in standard notation and tablature playable on any ukulele. Songs are grouped according to level of difficulty, starting with simple arrangements well within the grasp of dedicated beginners and intermediate players and leading through more challenging songs featuring unusual chord voicings, inversions up the neck, tricky fingerings and "all the fun stuff" the author could muster. To aid the student, the companion CD includes all of the songs taught. Includes chord charts, inversion studies, introductory material on finger-picking and making the transition from strumming to melodic playing.
- Ahi Wela Performed by Lizzie Doirin & Mary Beckley
- All Through the Night (basic arrangement)
- All Through the Night (extended arrangement)
- Aloha 'Oe Performed by Queen Lili'uokalani
- Blue 'Ukulele Blues Performed by Mark L. Nelson
- Danny Boy
- Dona Nobis Pacem
- E Ku'u Morning Dew Performed by Eddie Kamae
- E Ku'u Morning Dew (Slack Key Style)
- Gaviotas Performed by Mark L. Nelson
- Hilo March Performed by Joseph K. 'Ae'a
- How to Pronounce Hawaiian
- Isa Lei
- Isa Lei (extended arrangement)
- Kaulana Na Pua Performed by Ellen Prendergast
- Las Mananitas
- Mbube (Wimoweh)
- Minuet In G Performed by Attributed To J.S. Bach
- New Spanish Fandango
- Over The Rainbow Performed by E.Y. Harburg/Harold Arien
- Planxty Irwin Performed by Turlough O'Carolan
- Pua Sadinia Performed by David Nape
- The Ragged Little Flea Performed by Mark L. Nelson
- The Southwind
- Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star
- Wehiwehi 'Oe Performed by S. Kalama
Learn to Play Fingerstyle Solos for Ukulele
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Learn to Play Fingerstyle Solos for Ukulele
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.