There are currently no items in your cart.
Learn to Play Bluegrass Bass composed by Earl Gately. For Upright Bass. Saddle-stitched, Methods. Bluegrass. Beginning. Book. 44 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.93638).
ISBN 9780786635184. Bluegrass. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
At last, here is a method book for the upright string bass or 'dog house bass' as it is affectionately known in bluegrass circles. Although bluegrass bass has a style of its own, the knowledge gained through this method is applicable to virtually any musical genre. This book addresses the elements of tuning, hand positions, essential chord theory, slap bass technique, and playing in positions 1-10. A handy chart is provided for transposing chord progressions from one key to another. Written in standard notation only.
- Section I
- TUNING THE STRING BASS
- TUNING THE ELECTRIC BASS
- LEFT-HAND POSITIONS
- RIGHT-HAND POSITIONS
- BASIC THEORY
- FIRST POSITION (with studies for all notes)
- SECOND POSITION (with studies for all notes)
- ROOTS AND 5THS (in all keys)
- MAJOR, MINOR, AND 7TH CHORDS (in all keys)
- CHART (transposing chord progressions from one key to another)
- EIGHTH AND SIXTEENTH NOTES; TRIPLETS; TIES (how to play them)
- HAMMER ON TECHNIQUE
- Section II
- THIRD POSITION (notes and application to chord progressions)
- FOURTH POSITION (notes and application to chord progressions)
- FIFTH POSITION (with studies for all notes)
- SIXTH POSITION (with studies for all notes)
- BASS LINES FOR ALL CHORDS (1 and 2 bar patterns)
- SLAP BASS TECHNIQUE
- BLUEGRASS RUNS
- SEVENTH POSITION (notes and application to chord progressions)
- EIGHTH POSITION (notes and application to chord progressions)
- NINTH POSITION
- TENTH POSITION
Learn to Play Bluegrass Bass
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Learn to Play Bluegrass Bass
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Instrument: Double Bass Sheet Music
Genre: Bluegrass Sheet Music
Format: Collection / Songbook