There are currently no items in your cart.
Le rouet d'Omphale, Op. 31 composed by Camille Saint-Saens (1835-1921). Edited by Richard W. Sargeant, Jr.. Orchestra. For [2+1, 2, 2, 4 - 4, 2, 3, 0], timpani, percussion, harp, strings. This edition: Paperback. Original Works, Tone Poems. Romantic Period; French, Mythology/Legends. Study Score. 46 pages. Published by Serenissima (SA.40161).
ISBN 9781608740161. Romantic Period; French, Mythology/Legends. 6 x 9 inches.
The first in a series of tone poems for orchestra inspired by those of Franz Liszt, Le rouet de Omphale was composed in 1872 and named for the story in Greek mythology where Heracles was sentenced for a year to do women's work, wear women's clothing and hold a basket of wool as Omphale and her maids were spinning. The work become quite popular in the early 20th century after its use as a theme for The Shadow radio program. The score presented here is a newly engraved edition prepared by Richard W. Sargeant, Jr.
Le rouet d'Omphale, Op. 31
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Le rouet d'Omphale, Op. 31
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
More by this Composer: Camille Saint-Saens Sheet Music Camille Saint-Saens Harp Sheet Music Camille Saint-Saens Percussion Sheet Music Camille Saint-Saens Timpani Sheet Music Camille Saint-Saens Orchestra Sheet Music
Ensemble: Orchestra Music
Format: Study Score