There are currently no items in your cart.
Le reve de Cassandre
Le reve de Cassandre composed by Regis Carrouge. For flute, oboe, clarinet in B-flat, F horn and bassoon. This edition: folded, stapled. Chamber music. Modern. (8/8) very difficult. Conductor's score and parts. 20 (score) + 40 (5 part.). Duration 8 minutes. Published by Editions Delatour France (D2.DLT1481).
ISBN 979-2321-00677-9. Modern. 21 x 29.7 cm inches.
"Le Reve de Cassandre" pour quintette a vent fait reference au superbe texte de l'ecrivaine allemande Christa Wolf, "Cassandre". Pour memoire, la princesse troyenne, fille de Priam, recoit d'Apollon le don de predire l'avenir, mais refusant les avances du dieu, celui-ci la condamne a ne jamais etre crue. Elle predit ainsi la chute de Troie et voit en reve la cite en ruines. Le troisieme mouvement, a l'origine du titre, est une evocation de ce spectacle de desolation, dans un tempo d'une implacable lenteur. Sa structure est en deux parties. La premiere, d'une absolue verticalite, voit se succeder une chaine d'accords sur neuf mesures. La seconde superpose chromatisme, tierce mineure lancinante au hautbois et dissonance persistante aux trois voix aigues. Le piccolo termine seul la piece de facon stridente, apres un tres grand crescendo. Le premier mouvement illustre le conflit entre Cassandre et Apollon. D'une grande difficulte rythmique, il juxtapose accords violents avec des bribes de phrases qui passent d'un instrument a l'autre, rythmes saccades et enchevetrement de lignes melodiques."Cassandre's dream" for wind quintet is a reference to the sublime text by the deutsch writer Christa Wolf, "Cassandre". For the record, the trojan princess, Priam's daughter, get from Apollon a gift : predict the future, but as she refused him, he doomed her not to be ever believed. Then she predicted Troie's fall, and saw in her dreams the city in ruins. The third movement, which gives the title to the score , is an evocation of a desolation's field, with a tempo of a merciless slowness. It's composed of two parts. The first one, of an absolute verticality, is a succession of a chords chain on nine bars. The second one superimposes chromaticism, a stabbing third minor from the oboe and a persistent dissonance with the three high voices. The piccolo ends up on his own the score in a strident way with a very big crescendo. The first movement pictures the fight between Cassandre and Apollon.
Le reve de Cassandre
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Le reve de Cassandre
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ensemble: Woodwind Quintet Music