There are currently no items in your cart.
Le Carnaval Des Animaux composed by Camille Saint-Saens (1835-1921). Arranged by Christoph Enzel. Saxophone Quartet. For Saxophone Quartet (SATB). Full Score and Set of Parts. Published by Advance Music (AV.7667).
Who does not know carnival of the animals with its music bursting with joy of living, grotesque humour, virtuosity and incomparable charm. although its composer imposed a performance ban upon his work merely a few years after he had written the piece in february 1886, it is probably one of the best-known compositions within today's classical concert repertory. in spring 2004, i decided to venture on the task of arranging this piece - which was originally scored for two pianos, a string quartet, double bass, flute, clarinet and xylophone - for my saxophone quartet clair-obscur. with some movements everything worked out well right from the start; for others, however, there existed four of five different versions, which we tested, dismissed, altered until we finally found a perfect solution in the form of the arrangement on hand offering each musician of the quartet the opportunity to exhibit his or her talents as a soloist and, at the same time, as a member of the ensemble. yet, this is not the only reason why this piece is one of the cornerstones of our present repertory: innumerable performances - whether for children or in the concert hall, whether presented with the german comedian loriot's well-known verses to accompany it or in its classical concertante version - have shown that this arrangement of carnival of the animals electrifies every audience. (christoph enzel).
Le Carnaval Des Animaux
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Le Carnaval Des Animaux
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Instrument: Saxophone Sheet Music