There are currently no items in your cart.
Las Nubes (The Clouds) composed by Daniel Baldwin. For flute, oboe, clarinet, horn, bassoon. Level 5. Published by Imagine Music (IG.CMS077).
Composer's Notes... This was a project that almost never came to fruition. It was originally supposed to be an extended movement work for woodwind quartet (flute, clarinet, horn, and bassoon) for a university faculty ensemble. Well, when I got to the piece, I attempted repeatedly to contact the group with no success. After about a year of trying with no response, I was ready to scrap the project. About that time, Ric Jones, the owner of Imagine Music, and I had been making plans to organize a recital of his published double reed music at the IDRS Conference 2007 in Ithaca, NY. Ric had known of this project and made the suggestion of having me go ahead and write the piece for this performance and we agreed, because of this, that the instrumentation should be expanded to include oboe. I'm very grateful to Ric for his forward thinking and generous enthusiasm for my music. This piece would not exist if not for him. The idea for Las Nubes , Spanish for The Clouds, was conceived on a flight to the premiere of another piece. There was heavy cloud cover below and I remember just marveling at the different shapes, colors, and moods created by the cloud formations. This is just my musical representation of what I felt while soaring the skies.
Las Nubes (The Clouds)
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Las Nubes (The Clouds)
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Ensemble: Woodwind Quintet Music