There are currently no items in your cart.
Las Abejas composed by Barrios. Arranged by N. Daughtrey. Percussion Ensemble. For Marimba (4-mallet) (marimba (5-octave)). Medium difficult. Published by C. Alan Publications (CN.08810).
This piece is an arpeggio etude, originally for guitar, set in a fast-paced 12/8 which showcases the virtuosic qualities of the marimba.
Agustin Barrios Mangore (1885-1944) was one of the most successful and influential guitarist/composers of the first half of the twentieth century. His compositions range from simple etudes to wildly virtuosic multi-movement works. The majority of these works fall into one of three categories: folkloric, in which pieces were modeled after South American folksongs; imitative, in which composition styles and techniques were borrowed from the Baroque and Romantic periods; and religious, in which pieces were inspired by Barrios' own religious experiences and beliefs. As a performer, his virtuosic abilities have been compared to other composer/performers such as Niccolo Paganini. Upon hearing Rimsky-Korsakov's famous Flight of the Bumblebee, Barrios wrote Las Abejas. The piece is an arpeggio etude, originally for guitar, set in a fast-paced 12/8 which showcases the virtuosic qualities of the marimba.
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Ensemble: Percussion Ensemble Music