Larry Coryell's Jazz Guitar Volume 2
Guitar (flatpicking) - Intermediate
Composed by Larry Coryell. Boxed, Methods. Grossman Guitar Workshop. Jazz. DVD. Duration 70 minutes. Published by Grossman's Guitar Workshop (MB.GW950DVD).
Item Number: MB.GW950DVD
Jazz. 5.25 x 7.5 inches.
Larry Coryell's Jazz Guitar three part DVD series presents an intense and challenging study of jazz guitar ideas. In this second volume the following subjects are discussed:
- Creating the improvised line.
- Substitute chords.
- Importance of the minor/major 7th sound.
- The jazz (ascending melodic) minor scale and related chords.
- How to apply the jazz minor scale to standards.
- Repositioning altered chords to fit single-note fingering options within the jazz minor spectrum.
- Vocabulary of the improvised line.
- Blues phrasing to a more sophisticated bebop-type of line.
- Guitaristic devices that advance the music, i.e. string-bending, octaves and fingering.
- How to play/improvise on, "Autumn Leaves", as a solo guitar performance or within a small group context.
- More involved chords and improvisation with John Coltrane's, "Moments's Notice".
A detailed tab/music instructional booklet is included as a PDF file on the DVD.