There are currently no items in your cart.
Largo appassionato composed by Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827). Arranged by Jochen Fuchs. Cello Ensemble. For 4 Cellos. Late intermediate. Score and parts. Published by Zimmermann (PE.ZM35440).
The pianist Wilhelm Kempff once said of the Largo appassionato in Ludwig van Beethovens piano sonata in A Major that it was virtually impossible to bring this expansive melody to life on the piano, and that he could far more readily imagine it played by a string ensemble. On the basis of this judgment and out of sheer curiosity as to how the piece would sound in a setting for strings, I arranged the movement for four cellos and performed it with pupils of mine. The impression conveyed to the listener by this arrangement was indeed one of greater complexity and intensity. The opening of the movement, for example, with its pizzicato bass notes and the other three cantabile parts, gives the music a totally new and gripping quality compared to the piano version. Above all, the fortissimo passages in this setting also seem even more dramatic. I have tried to incorporate the original slurs from the piano part as far as possible, although they cannot be performed as naturally by the strings. As these slurs are a means of musical expression, however, it is important in my opinion to know the original indications. For peformance purposes, I have added my own bowing suggestions and fingering above the notes. -- Jochen Fuchs
Score and parts. Arranged from the piano sonata in A Major, Op.2 No.2.
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Instrument: Cello Sheet Music
Genre: Classical Period Sheet Music