There are currently no items in your cart.
- Look inside(1)
L'Orfeo (Favola in musica in un prologo e cinque atti). By Claudio Monteverdi (1567-1643). Edited by Rinaldo Alessandrini. For soprano voice solo (7), tenor voice solo (4), bass voice solo (3), SSATTB choir, TTBBB choir, orchestra. This edition: Paperback, Urtext edition. Paperback. Score. Language: Italian. 141 pages. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA8793).
ISBN 9790006533114. With Language: Italian. 31 x 24.3 cm inches.
Monteverdi's opera "L'Orfeo," based on the legend of Thracian singer Orpheus and his love of Eurydice, is a masterpiece of musical declamation and ornamentation. It was first performed during the 1607 carnevale in the "Palazzo Ducale" in Mantua.When an edition remains true to its sources, this certainly does not mean that it is not also practical to use, as is demonstrated in this Baerenreiter edition of Monteverdi's "L'Orfeo." Edited by Rinaldo Alessandrini, the new publication follows the Barenreiter edition of Monteverdi's "Il ritorno d'Ulisse in patria."Two contemporary prints of "L'Orfeo" from the years 1609 and 1615 have been passed down to us. Four copies of each of these prints still survive today in public libraries. The later print includes many corrections to the earlier edition and was accordingly used as the primary source for this Barenreiter edition. However, when solving musical problems the editor frequently follows the more coherent style of the earlier print. The numerous interesting variants, not only between the two editions but also amongst the eight surviving copies, are listed in the critical commentary.This edition of "L'Orfeo" offers in addition to Monteverdi's somewhat sparse original figures also figures added to the bass line by the editor. The continuo player should, however, feel free to follow his own judgment. The notation has been, when necessary, adapted to suit modern practice, for example with regard to the clefs. The sections that were originally written in "chiavetta" have been transposed a fifth lower. In the appendix these sections also appear in their original notation in facsimile as well as transposed a fourth lower.
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More by this Composer: Claudio Monteverdi Sheet Music Claudio Monteverdi Bass Voice Sheet Music Claudio Monteverdi Choir Sheet Music Claudio Monteverdi Soprano Voice Sheet Music Claudio Monteverdi Tenor Voice Sheet Music Claudio Monteverdi Voice Solo Sheet Music Claudio Monteverdi Men's Choir Sheet Music Claudio Monteverdi Orchestra Sheet Music