There are currently no items in your cart.
L'Enfance du Christ
L'Enfance du Christ (Trilogie sacree). Composed by Hector Berlioz (1803-1869). Edited by Paul Prevost. For STBarB vocal soli, SATB choir, 2 flutes, 2 english horn, 2 clarinets, 2 bassoons, 2 horns, 4 trumpets 3 trombones, timpani, harp, 2 violins, viola, cello, contrabass, organ. E-Moll (E minor). French Sacred Music. Score available separately - see item CA.7003800. Oratorios, Christmas. Level 3. Set of instrumental parts (except strings). Language: German/French. Op. 25. 140 pages. Duration 95 minutes. Published by Carus Verlag (CA.7003809).
With Language: German/French. Oratorios, Christmas.
The history of the composition of the oratorio is odd: the kernel of this three-part work were the movements from the middle section, the "Flight to Egypt," which Berlioz composed on a whim in 1850 and which he passed off as the work of a baroque composer whose existence he himself had invented. In 1854 the triptych, which was completed with the parts entitled "The dream of Herodes" and "The arrival at Sais," had its celebrated first performance. Starting from the Gospel of St. Matthew, with the visit of the astrologer to Herodes and the flight of the Holy Family to Egypt, Berlioz chose to relate the story of the events of Christmas from another angle, other than as it is almost always depicted, after the Gospel of Luke. This skillful dramatisation, with impressive instrumental sections, such as the independent trio for two flutes and harp as well as the effective choruses with local color, make this "sacred trilogy" a genuine alternative for performance at Christmas time. The score, published in 1855, contained a second singing text in German which had been translated from the French by Peter Cornelius. The critical edition by Carus presents a new translation by Klaus Kreuser which, as opposed to the text by Cornelius, adheres more closely to the French original and avoids becoming an embellished idyll.
L'Enfance du Christ
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
L'Enfance du Christ
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
More by this Composer: Hector Berlioz Sheet Music Hector Berlioz Voice Sheet Music Hector Berlioz B-Flat Trumpet Sheet Music Hector Berlioz Choir Sheet Music Hector Berlioz Double Bass Sheet Music Hector Berlioz English Horn Sheet Music Hector Berlioz Harp Sheet Music Hector Berlioz Percussion Sheet Music Hector Berlioz Timpani Sheet Music Hector Berlioz Trombone Sheet Music Hector Berlioz Organ Accompaniment Sheet Music Hector Berlioz 4-Part Sheet Music Hector Berlioz Mixed Choir Sheet Music Hector Berlioz SATB Sheet Music
Instrument: Voice Sheet Music B-Flat Trumpet Sheet Music Choir Sheet Music Double Bass Sheet Music English Horn Sheet Music Harp Sheet Music Percussion Sheet Music Timpani Sheet Music Trombone Sheet Music Organ Accompaniment Sheet Music
Format: Set of Parts
Series: French Sacred Music