There are currently no items in your cart.
Kvart I Fyra composed by Anders Astrand. Percussion Ensemble. For percussion ensemble for 18 or more players (steelpans - lead, double tenor, double second, bass, orchestra bells, crotales, 2 xylophones, 3 vibraphones, 3 marimbas (5 oct), snare drum, 5 tom-toms, castanets, 5 sus.cymbals, bass drum). Level 6. Score and set of parts. Published by Innovative Percussion (IP.E-AA-KVA).
Composer's notes: It was commissioned by James Campbell for the University of Kentucky Percussion Ensemble and it was premiered at 2004 Percussive Arts Society International Convention in Nashville, TN. The set up is for four choirs of instruments: steel pans, metal keyboards, wooden keyboards, and orchestra percussion.
"This large-scale work for percussion ensemble was commissioned by James Campbell for the University of Kentucky Percussion Ensemble Showcase concert at PASIC 2004 in Nashville. Written for 18 or more players, the instrumentation has been subdivided into four choirs of percussion. The steel drum choir includes parts for lead pans, double tenors, double seconds and bass pans. The keyboard percussion choir includes three each of wood instruments (marimbas) and metal instruments (vibraphones) and includes parts that would intimidate most drum corps "pit" fans. The battery consists of four players with standard concert percussion instruments. With a tempo indication of "Groovy," it is readily apparent that the audience will enjoy this work. The length of 12-15 minutes may be slightly daunting but the variety and intensity of the piece should shine through. A performance of this piece requires a large array of equipment and several talented musicians but would be a fun experience. If you have the equipment and personnel, it is recommended that this piece be programmed as a concert closer on a collegiate percussion ensemble concert. By the way, the title of the piece is "3:45 a.m." in Swedish, which is the time when the composer finished the composition!" - Julia Gaines Percussive Notes, October 2008.
Kvart I Fyra
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Kvart I Fyra
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Genre: Classical Sheet Music