There are currently no items in your cart.
- Look inside(12) Listen (1)
Kizuna composed by Frederick Speck. For concert band (Piccolo, Flute 1, Flute 2, Oboe 1, Oboe 2/English Horn, Bassoon 1, Bassoon 2, Bb Clarinet 1, Bb Clarinet 2, Bb Clarinet 3, Bass Clarinet, Contralto Clarinet in Eb, Alto Saxophone 1/2, Tenor Saxophone, Baritone Saxophone, Bb Trumpet 1, Bb Trumpet 2, Bb Tru). Band Music. Grade 4. Score and parts. Duration 10:00. Published by C. Alan Publications (CN.11810).
Kizuna is a Japanese word which describes a connection between people that results in the creation of a strong bond. The work unfolds through solo passages that allow individual personalities to emerge, while developing a strong sense of physicality via several notable tutti sections, the strongest of which concludes the work. The music commingles eastern and western nuances in tonal languages that freely embrace one another.
Kizuna was commissioned by Dennis Johnson, president of the World Association for Symphonic Bands and Ensembles for premiere performance by the Senzoku Gakuen College of Music Wind Ensemble (JAPAN) at the 2005 WASBE Conference in Singapore. Since the theme of the conference focused on the artistic confluence of eastern and western aesthetics, this idea became central to the expression of the work. As a result, the music commingles eastern and western nuances in tonal languages that freely embrace one another. Though much of the work unfolds through solo passages that allow individual personalities to emerge, the music also develops a strong sense of physicality via several notable tutti sections, the strongest of which concludes the work. This process of joining together and gaining strength is reflected in the title, Kizuna, a Japanese word which describes a connection between people that results in the creation of a strong bond. It is derived from the roots 'ki' which means trees and 'zuna' or 'tsuna' which means ropes.
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
More by this Composer: Frederick Speck Sheet Music Frederick Speck Alto Saxophone Sheet Music Frederick Speck B-Flat Clarinet Sheet Music Frederick Speck B-Flat Trumpet Sheet Music Frederick Speck Baritone Saxophone Sheet Music Frederick Speck Bass Clarinet Sheet Music Frederick Speck Bassoon Sheet Music Frederick Speck E-Flat Clarinet Sheet Music Frederick Speck English Horn Sheet Music Frederick Speck Flute Sheet Music Frederick Speck Oboe Sheet Music Frederick Speck Tenor Saxophone Sheet Music Frederick Speck Concert Band Sheet Music
Instrument: Alto Saxophone Sheet Music B-Flat Clarinet Sheet Music B-Flat Trumpet Sheet Music Baritone Saxophone Sheet Music Bass Clarinet Sheet Music Bassoon Sheet Music E-Flat Clarinet Sheet Music English Horn Sheet Music Flute Sheet Music Oboe Sheet Music Tenor Saxophone Sheet Music
Ensemble: Concert Band Music
Level: Grade 4