There are currently no items in your cart.
Kentucky Thumbpicking Blues for Guitar by Tommy Flint. For Guitar (Fingerpicking). Saddle-stitched, Solos. Country. Intermediate. Book/CD Set. 48 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.20126BCD).
ISBN 9780786670338. Country. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
A collection of 15 intermediate level thumbstyle blues guitar solos in the style developed and played by some of the coal miners of Muhlenberg County, Kentucky and surrounding areas in the early to mid-20th century. Jim Mason and Amos Johnson were two of the early players. The style was picked up and streamlined by Mose Rager and Ike Everly and was the forerunner of the Travis Style. This style can be heard on Merle Travis' blues recordings. The music is presented in notation and tablature with chord symbols. The performance / demonstration recording is excellent for listening. It contains all 15 tunes with rhythm guitar accompaniment.
- Black-Jack Performed by Tommy Flint
- Kentucky Blues Performed by Tommy Flint
- The Rats Won Performed by Tommy Flint
- Frogtown Shuffle Performed by Tommy Flint
- Blake's Tavern Blues Performed by Tommy Flint
- L & N Blues Performed by Tommy Flint
- My Last Ride Home's in the Baggage Car Performed by Tommy Flint
- Dingfod Kadiddy Performed by Tommy Flint
- A Bloody Night in Mannington Performed by Tommy Flint
- Sportin' House Blues Performed by Tommy Flint
- Hoochie Kooch Performed by Tommy Flint
- Goin' to Bullhead City Performed by Tommy Flint
- Rattlesnakin' Daddy Performed by Tommy Flint
- Kick Around Rag Performed by Tommy Flint
- Tywhoppity Performed by Tommy Flint
Kentucky Thumbpicking Blues for Guitar
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Kentucky Thumbpicking Blues for Guitar
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.