Piano - Intermediate / Late Intermediate (grade 4/5/6)
Edited by Allan Small and Morton Manus. Masterworks; Piano Collection. Alfred Masterwork Editions. Studies. Piano studies book. With standard notation, fingerings and introductory text. 48 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.518).
Item Number: AP.518
ISBN 0739012908. 9x12 inches.
A slight condensation of Hanon's first exercises. The simplification in layout and range make the exercises appear less difficult to a young student.
- Book 1 - Exercises 1-20
- The 12 Major and Minor Scales
- Chromatic Scales in Parallel and Contrary Motion
- Arpeggios on the Triads in 12 Major and Minor Keys
- Repeated Notes in Groups of Three and Four
- The Trill
- Thirds, Detached and Legato
- Broken-Octave Scales in 12 Major and Minor Keys
- The Circle of Fifths