Jump, Jive and Wail: 6 Swing Bands on a Hot Tin Roof
Music Minus One Drums. By Greg Burrows. Music Minus One. Softcover with CD. 40 pages. Music Minus One #MMO5007. Published by Music Minus One (HL.400757).
Item Number: HL.400757
ISBN 1596151226. 9x12.25 inches.
Modern Swing burst upon the recording scene in 1998, began on the West Coast and soon consumed the entire country. As will be noted in these ten songs, any similarity to mid-century swing has been laid to rest, with the arrangements and the more rock-oriented stylings of these six bands, the vanguard of what has become a new and major force in American music. Includes a high-quality printed music book with drum charts and a compact disc containing a complete performance with soloist; then a second version with the accompaniment, minus you, the soloist.
Performed by Greg Burrows, drums.
- Put a Lid on It (style of The Squirrel Nut Zippers) Performed by Tom Maxwell
- Jump, Jive & Wail (style of The Brian Setzer Orchestra) Performed by Louis Prima
- Hell (style of The Squirrel Nut Zippers) Performed by Tom Maxwell
- The Indigo Swing (style of Indigo Swing) Performed by William Beatty
- This Cat's on a Hot Tin Roof (style of The Brian Setzer Orchestra) Performed by Brian Setzer
- You and Me and the Bottle Makes Three Tonight (Baby) (style of Big Bad Voodoo Daddy) Performed by Scotty Morris
- Zip Gun Bop (style of The Royal Crown Review) Performed by Mando Dorame & Eddie Nichols
- Zoot Suit Riot (style of The Royal Crown Review) Performed by Steve Perry
- The Ding Dong Daddy of the D-Car Line (style of The Cherry Poppin' Daddies) Performed by Steve Perry
- Hey, Pachuco Performed by James Achor, Mando Dorame & Eddie Nichols
Customers Who Bought Jump, Jive and Wail: 6 Swing Bands on a Hot Tin Roof Also Bought: