There are currently no items in your cart.
Jimmy Haslip Bass Player Articles composed by Jimmy Haslip. For Bass Guitar. Artist/Personality; Bass Guitar Method or Supplement; Book. Alfred's Artist Series. Fusion; Jazz. 64 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.33580).
ISBN 0739063588. Fusion; Jazz.
This inspirational resource for jazz and fusion musicians expands the possibilities of creative expression. Using the Yellowjackets tune "Run for Your Life," Jimmy walks through a study of Rhythm Changes and then branches out into the types of alterations and possibilities that have kept his playing fresh for over 47 years. Even the most seasoned jazz musician will find new ways of creating distinctive melodies, patterns, bass lines, and harmonies, allowing for the truest personal expression as you learn to speak through your instrument with ease. Recorded examples are available as free MP3 downloads from alfred.com/downloads.
About Alfred's Artist Series
Alfred's Artist Series DVDs bring you great instruction from the most legendary musician's of all time. Now you can experience these great artists as they share their unique approach to music. Every title is packed with solid information and an assortment of special features - from rare video footage to interactive tours of the artist's instrument and bonus lessons. Alfred's Artist Series is your best source for musical inspiration
- About the Recordings / Acknowledgments
- The 12-Bar Blues
- Rhythm Changes
- The II-V-I
- Run for Your Life: A Study of Rhythm Changes
- Harmonic and Melodic Analysis
- Developing the Walking Bass Line
- The Modes
- Altered Harmony Using the Chromatic Scale
- Pentatonic Scales (5-Note Scales)
- Rhythmic Choices
- Walking Through the Bridge
- Altered Variations of Rhythm Changes
- Bebop Scales
- New Harmonic Ideas for Altered Progressions
- Walking Bass Lines for Altered Forms
- Scales for Dominant 7th Chords
- Diminished and Chromatic Scale Study
- Melodic Use of the Diminished Scale: "Boomtown"
- Altering the Harmony for Composition
- Expanding Melodic Soloing Possibilities with the Dorian Mode
- Modal Ideas for the Bridge of Rhythm Changes
- Practice with Chordal Arpeggios
- Galileo: Ideas on the Major Scale Inspired by Jaco Pastorius
- Gabriela Rose
- Melodic and Harmonic Analysis of "Gabriela Rose"
- The Wheel of Improvisation
Jimmy Haslip Bass Player Articles
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
Jimmy Haslip Bass Player Articles
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Genre: Fusion Sheet Music
Series: Alfred's Artist Series