There are currently no items in your cart.
Jericho composed by Bert Appermont. Fanfare. Grade 4. Full score. Duration 0:10:49. Published by Beriato Music (BT.0210-6-151).
Jericho is the musical translation of the well-known story from the book of Joshua about the capture of the city of Jericho by the Israelites. Part 1 depicts the cruel journey through the desert to Canaan, the promised land. An emotional lamentation for the yearning for a home, for the end of a roaming existence. The capture of Jericho is the theme of part 2. The city cannot be captured immediately and Jehovah orders an impressive army to march around the city for six days. On the seventh day, they marched around the city seven times and the priests blew their trumpets and the people cried so loud that the walls of Jericho came tumbling down. The Jews stormed the city and drove the inhabitants away. The music clearly reveals the marching army and you can hear the walls falling down with a tremendous noise. However, there is quite some artistic freedom in the actual story. A majestic and grand melody subsequently evokes the triumphant emotions that emerged as the fortified city fell (part 3). Following a personal and romantic interpretation, the scene ultimately ends in a typical Jewish feast (part 4) whereby the virtuosity of melodies played by the woodwinds and the passionate rhythms refer to traditional Jewish music. All themes are repeated in this last part in various forms, often simultaneous and in duelling counterpoint. The piece ends with fragments from the main theme of part 1 in major: peace and quiet return at last.
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.