Jazz Works: Advanced Level Teacher's Book & CD
Jazz Ensembles Flexible duo to large jazz ensemble - Intermediate
Collection. Jazz. Book and CD. Published by ABRSM (Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music) (PE.9781860960970).
Item Number: PE.9781860960970
ISBN 1-86096-097-9. Jazz.
Exciting new jazz repertoire for classrooms and concerts at three progressive levels: Initial, Intermediate and Advanced. One Score Edition Pack for each level and one Teacher's Book & CD for each level. Contains: notes on improvisation and jazz style, a step-by-step guide to directing and rehearsing a jazz ensemble, detailed notes on each of the eight jazz pieces in the corresponding score edition, a CD containing complete performances of each piece by a professional jazz ensemble. The separate score edition contains a score and set of four solo parts for C, B-flat, E-flat and bass-clef instruments plus parts for a rhythm section of piano, bass, guitar and drums and a booklet of detailed performance and rehearsal notes. The parts may be photocopied allowing for flexible ensemble playing.
- Beating About The Bush Composed by Julian Arguelles
- A Lion's Mask Composed by Stan Sulzmann
- Moonlighter Composed by John Surman
- Pop-Low Composed by Mark Nightingale
- Regent Street Composed by Frank Griffith
- A Softer Shade Of Blue Composed by Stephen Duro
- Soho What? Composed by Iain Ballamy
- Tierra Magica Composed by Andy Sheppard