There are currently no items in your cart.
Jazz Solo Series for Trumpet composed by Mark Vega. For Trumpet. Saddle stitch. Jazz/Trumpet Instruction. Intermediate. Book & Play Along CD. 37 pages. Duration 70 minutes. Published by ADG Productions (AD.ADG068-CD).
ISBN 1882146336. Jazz/Trumpet Instruction. .
The Jazz Solo Series for Trumpet by Mark Vega is a great instructional tool for musicians and music students to learn or improve their improvisational abilities in the jazz - swing idiom. There are 66 examples in the book, starting at a somewhat easy level and gradually increasing in difficulty throughout the book. This book is divided into four sections: Section one, tracks 1 through 36 cover all twelve keys using 11-V-1 and 11-V-111-V1-11-V-1 chord progressions. Section two, tracks 37 through 60 cover all twelve keys using 1-V1-11-V-111-b111-11-V-1 chord progressions. Section three, tracks 61 through 66 are complete worked out solos over the chord changes to the popular Jazz standards "Stella By Starlight", "Take the A Train" and "There Will Never Be Another You." There are two solos for each of these three examples, an easy version followed by a more difficult one. The first version being a prime example of how to approach medium swing Jazz and the second version covering the more complex and demanding style of Bebop Jazz with its faster tempos and more difficult melodic and harmonic note choices. Section four, tracks 67, 68 and 69 are repeated choruses of the chord progressions to the above mentioned songs for extended practice. Please refer to the end of the book for a selected discography of Mark's favorite Jazz albums featuring great soloists.
Jazz Solo Series for Trumpet
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Jazz Solo Series for Trumpet
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Genre: Jazz Sheet Music