Jazz Rhythm Guitar
The Complete Guide. Guitar Educational. Chords. Instructional book and examples CD. With chord names, guitar chord diagrams and instructional text. 76 pages. Published by Hal Leonard (HL.695654).
Item Number: HL.695654
ISBN 0634032755. With chord names, guitar chord diagrams and instructional text. Chords. 9x12 inches.
This book/CD pack by award-winning guitarist and distinguished teacher Jack Grassel will help rhythm guitarists better understand: chord symbols and voicings; comping styles and patterns; equipment, accessories and set-up; the fingerboard; chord theory; and much more. The accompanying CD includes 74 full-band tracks.
- Function of the Jazz Guitar In the Jazz Ensemble
- Getting the Right Sound
- Practice Techniques
- Chord Construction and Notation
- Two Forms of the Dominant Seventh
- The Major and Minor Seventh
- Chords with Alternations
- Syncopated Latin Rhythms
- Chords with Multiple Alterations
- Eleventh and Suspended Fourth Chords
- Sixth Chords
- The Minor/Major Seventh Chord
- The Thirteenth Chord
- Diminished Chords
- Bar Chords: Early Rock Rhythm Style
- The "Power Chord": Heavy Metal Style
- The "Chuck Berry" Early Rock Style
- Sixteenth Note "Funk Rhythms"
- Triads with Altered Roots (Slash Chords)
- Responding to Drum Fills, Horn Figures and Piano Players