There are currently no items in your cart.
Jazz Piano Handbook
- Look inside(3)
Collection / Songbook
Jazz Piano Handbook by Michele Weir. For Piano. Lead Sheet; Reference Textbooks; Textbook - Jazz. Jazz. Book & CD. 128 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.26926).
ISBN 0739047957. Jazz.
If youâ€™re a jazz singer or instrumentalist and donâ€™t already have basic skills in jazz piano: now is the time! Piano skills are the gateway to understanding chords and progressions, checking lead sheets for accuracy, learning new tunes, arranging, writing your own tunes, becoming a better improviser and so on. This book outlines an easy step-by-step process that makes learning basic jazz piano easy and fun!
- Before You Begin: Piano Review
- Technique basics
- Five-note warmup
- Diatonic triads
- Chapter 1: Jazz Piano 101
- Circle of Fifths
- Chord Types
- Intro to Voicings
Chapter 2: Position #1 (P1)
- Voicing P1 (major, dominant and minor seventh chords)
- ii-V-I progression
- Pattern P1 major
- Voicing P1 (minor seventh, flat five chords)
- Pattern P1 minor
Chapter 3: Position #2 (P2)
- Voicing P2 (major, dominant and minor seventh chords)
- Pattern P2 major
- Voicing P2 (minor seventh, flat five chords)
- Pattern P2 minor
Chapter 4: Applying the Patterns
- Connecting the dots
- The nature of chord progressions
- FAQ: What do I do if...?
Chapter 5: Rhythmic Styles
- Bossa Nova
- Additional rhythmic styles: jazz waltz, samba and ballads
ABOVE AND BEYOND
- Chapter 6: Expanding Your Palette
- Color Notes
- Five-note voicings
Chapter 7: Positions #3 (P3) and #4 (P4)
- Voicing and pattern P3
- Voicing and pattern P4
- Mixing and matching patterns (P1, P2, P3, and P4)
Chapter 8: Open Voicings
- Drop 2
- Non-formulaic open voicings
Chapter 9: Pianistic Texture
- Broken Chords
- Passing notes
Chapter 10: Playing the Tune
- Harmonizing the melody
- Melodic troublemakers
Appendix I: Etudes (Jazz Standards)
- 1. Rainy Day
- 2. You Love Me
- 3. The Moon Has Risen
- 4. Lullaby for the Birds
- 5. A Fool's Day
- 6. In Love I Will Fall
- 7. Time and Time Again
- 8. Far Away a Long Time Ago
- 9. What Could Be New?
- 10. Don't Tell Me
- 11. You Are All Things
- 12. Valentine's Day
- 13. Embraceable You
- 14. A Foggy Day
Appendix II: Catalog of Chord Symbols and Color Notes
Jazz Piano Handbook
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Jazz Piano Handbook
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Genre: Jazz Sheet Music