There are currently no items in your cart.
Jazz Piano Chords composed by Misha V Stefanuk. For Piano. Squareback saddle-stitched, Theory & Harmony. Jazz. Beginning-Intermediate. Book. 128 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.98713).
ISBN 9780786653584. Jazz. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
This informative volume provides a chord reference for any pianist wanting to learn to play jazz. Starting with the most basic intervals, the text explains how chords are built and how they are used in different performance settings. After covering the basics, advanced chord types such as 9ths, 11ths, 13ths, drop voicings, and the blues chord are presented and explained. The functions of chords are described, as are substitutions, clusters, and polytonal clusters. Numerous charts are provided which can be helpful for practicing and for quick and easy reference as to which can be used with given bass notes. The Melody Harmonization Charts show chords based on fourths. Learning to use these chords will help the pianist play with more harmonic variety, color, and interest.
- Inversion, complimentary intervals, consonant intervals, dissonant intervals, series of overtones, compound intervals, enharmonic spelling, diatonic, chromatic.
- Triad, major, minor, augmented, diminished, suspended chords, relative stability, color, dominant group, 6th chord.
- Piano Chords
- Four Way Close Voicing
- Open Voicing
- Drop Voicing
- Left Hand Voicing
- Three and Four Note Voicing
- Fourth Voicing
- Root and Seventh Voicing
- Third and Seventh Voicing
- Blues Chord
- Right Hand Upper Voicings
- Ninth, Eleventh, and Thirteenth
- Polychords/Triads as Upper Voicings
- Suspended Fourth Voicings
- All-Four Voicings
- Alteration of the Upper Voicings
- Split Ninth Chords
- Function of Chords in a Key
- Alternative Bass
- 3rd substitution, tritone substitution, substitution by a group of chords, half step off substitution
- Polytonal Clusters
- Block chords
- Chord Function
- Chords Library by Key:
- KEY OF C
- Key of C#
- KEY OF D
- Key of Eb
- Key of E
- Key of F
- Key of F#
- KEY OF G
- Key of Ab
- Key of A
- Key of Bb
- Key of B
- Chords Library by Melody Note:
- Harmonizing C or B#
- Harmonizing C# or Db
- Harmonizing D
- Harmonizing Eb or D#
- Harmonizing E or Fb
- Harmonizing F or E#
- Harmonizing F# or Gb
- Harmonizing G
- Harmonizing Ab or G#
- Harmonizing A
- Harmonizing Bb or A#
- Harmonizing B or Cb
- Quartal Harmonies
- Spelling Suggestions
- About the Author
Jazz Piano Chords
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Jazz Piano Chords
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Genre: Jazz Sheet Music
Format: Collection / Songbook