There are currently no items in your cart.
Jazz Phrasing for Saxophone, Volume 2 composed by Greg Fishman. Instructional; Play Along. Book and 2 CDs. Published by Greg Fishman Jazz Studios (GF.JPFS2).
Jazz Phrasing for Saxophone - Volume 2 features ten melodic pieces which are easy to play, yet convey the essence of mainstream (Swing/Bebop/Bossa) jazz vocabulary. The pieces are catchy and melodic, demonstrating the use of sequence and voice-leading to make a musical statement.
The book includes two play-along CDs (one for alto and one for tenor) featuring a world-class rhythm section, plus Greg Fishman demonstrating each piece. In addition, there are play-along tracks with just the rhythm section, so students have the option of playing along with Greg Fishman or with just the rhythm section.
Jazz Phrasing for Saxophone is the "prequel" to Greg Fishman's more advanced books, Jazz Saxophone Etudes and Jazz Saxophone Duets, and will provide valuable insights into a melodic approach to jazz improvisation. This book is recommended for saxophonists of all levels who wish to improve their tone, articulation, phrasing, and understanding of thematic development.
Special Features of Jazz Phrasing for Saxophone:
- Suggested Use Section - Provides detailed instructions on a variety of ways to work with the book.
- Idiomatically Correct - Both Alto and Tenor read the same written part - every song is in the perfect register.
- Style & Analysis Section - Provides clear, concise explanations of sequence, variation and voice-leading
- Thematic Index - Lets you compare the opening themes of all ten songs in a convenient two page "at-a-glance" format. Also includes detailed information on the opening interval of each song, as well as harmonic context of the opening interval.
- Castlewood Terrace
- Garfield Boulevard
- Dayton Street
- Hyde Park Boulevard
- Pulaski Road
- Orchard Street
- Fargo Avenue
- School Street
- Lexington Avenue
- Edgewater Avenue
Jazz Phrasing for Saxophone, Volume 2
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Jazz Phrasing for Saxophone, Volume 2
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Instrument: Saxophone Sheet Music