There are currently no items in your cart.
Jazz Pentatonics (Advanced Improvising Concepts for Guitar). Composed by Bruce Saunders. For Guitar (All). Saddle-stitched, Improvisation. Private Lessons Series. Jazz. Intermediate-Advanced. Book/CD Set. 48 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.20416BCD).
ISBN 9780786671670. Jazz. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
Jazz Pentatonics is for intermediate to advanced players wishing to expand their melodic and harmonic vocabulary. The music is in standard notation as well as tablature and a CD is included in which the more difficult exercises are played at a slower as well as faster tempo. The CD was recorded with live drums, acoustic bass and guitar. All the exercises are included on the CD as well as play-along tracks that enable the student to play with a rhythm section. The book covers the minor 7, dominant 7, minor 7(b5) and major (b6) pentatonics and gives the student many etudes and exercises from which to draw improvisational ideas.
- Chapter one: minor seventh pentatonic scale
- Five perpendicular fingering exercises
- Lateral fingerings
- Harmonic uses of minor seventh pentatonic
- Exercises, Study No. 1
- Melodic voice leading introduction
- Study No. 2
- Practice starting notes
- Chapter two: minor seventh flat five pentatonic scale
- Harmonic uses of minor seventh flat five pentatonic
- Five perpendicular fingerings
- Minor ii-V-I patterns
- Study No. 3
- Ex. 15, delayed application of pentatonic
- Ex. 16 Phyrgian chord use
- Chapter three: dominant seventh pentatonic scale
- Harmonic uses of dominant seventh pentatonic
- Combination lateral/perpendicular fingerings
- Ex. 18 & 19/major ii-V-I sequences
- Study No. 4/F major blues
- Study No. 5/C minor blues
- Study No. 6/Solarize changes study
- Chapter four: major flat sixth pentatonic scale scale
- Harmonic uses of major flat sixth pentatonic
- Ex. 20 & 21/ii-V-I sequence using skips
- Study No. 7/Love changes with skips
- Appendix: practice tracks & answer key
- Practice track No. 1 Leaves key of G, minor seventh suggestions
- Practice track No. 2 Leaves key of Bb, minor seventh suggestions
- Practice track No. 3 Love changes, mixed pentatonic suggestions
- Practice track No. 4 Solarize changes, mixed pentatonic suggestions
- Practice track No. 5 F blues key of Bb, mixed pentatonic suggestions
- Pracitce track No. 6 Yesterdaze, mixed pentatonic suggestions
- Answer key for page 18
- Answer key for page 19
Advanced Improvising Concepts for Guitar
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Advanced Improvising Concepts for Guitar
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instrument: Electric Guitar Sheet Music
Genre: Jazz Sheet Music
Series: Private Lessons Series