There are currently no items in your cart.
Jazz Mosaic (Jazz Activities for the Early Childhood Classroom). Composed by Louise Rogers and Susan Milligan. Book; CD; Classroom/Pre-School; General Music and Classroom Publications; Other Classroom. Jazz. 52 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.40772).
ISBN 0739094726. Jazz.
Jazz Mosaic brings the joy of jazz music into your classroom every day through a variety of age-appropriate, play-centered lessons that can be easily integrated into your existing curriculum. Students will learn about jazz greats, styles, and history through activities and cross-curricular connections that are creative and engaging. Easy to teach, the music lessons are appropriate for children in pre-school through third grade. The accompanying CD contains examples and vocals for echoing, learning and fun! Jazz Mosaic provides a broad range of enjoyable and educational activities from which to choose for both classroom and music teachers. Your students will discover the exciting world of jazz music and will be beboppin' and scatting with the cool cats in no time with Jazz Mosaic!
- Children's Poet Eve Merriam
- Eve Merriam Teaching Suggestions
- The Poem
- Using Pitched Instruments for the Question
- Scat Section---Echo
- Putting it All Together!
- Extensions into Other Curriculum Areas
- CHAPTER 10: A JAZZ FESTIVAL IN YOUR SCHOOL OR COMMUNITY
- Before the Festival Begins
- During the Festival
- Ending the Festival with a Culminating Event
- After the Festival
- A Sample Schedule of Events from a Jazz Festival in a Preschool
- Division of Rhythmic Values
- Measure or Bar
- Time Signatures
- Jazz Terminology
- A Little Scat History
- Swing Music vs. Swing Feel
- The Swing Style
- Swing Dance
- The Blues
- Standard Blues Form with Bass Note
- Listening Lists
- Elements of Jazz
- How To Use This Book
- CHAPTER 1: SCATTING---ELLA FITZGERALD
- JAZZ GREAT---Ella Fitzgerald
- Ella Fitzgerald Teaching Suggestions
- Ella Fitzgerald Sang Bop Boo Day
- Adding the Scat Section
- Talking Scats
- Singing Scats
- Ella Chant
- Ella Rhythm Chant
- CHAPTER 2: BEBOP---CHARLIE PARKER
- JAZZ GREAT---Charles "Yardbird" Parker
- Charlie Parker Teaching Suggestions
- Charlie Parker Played Bebop
- Charlie Parker Played Bebop Riff
- Charlie Parker Riff Accompaniment
- CHAPTER 3: COOL JAZZ---MILES DAVIS
- JAZZ GREAT---Miles Davis
- Miles Davis Teaching Suggestions
- Cool Jazz
- So What
- The Lyrics
- CHAPTER 4: DIXIELAND---LOUIS ARMSTRONG
- JAZZ GREAT---Louis "Satchmo" Armstrong
- Louis Armstrong Teaching Suggestions
- Let's Have a Parade
- CHAPTER 5: SWING AND BIG BAND---DUKE ELLINGTON
- JAZZ GREAT---Edward Kennedy "Duke" Ellington
- Duke Ellington Teaching Suggestion
- Swing and the Big Band Era
- Take A Train
- Billy Strayhorn
- Jazzy Train Collaborative Art Project
- CHAPTER 6: SWING---BENNY GOODMAN
- JAZZ GREAT---Benny Goodman
- Benny Goodman Teaching Suggestions
- Movement and Dance to Recorded Music
- Free Dance
- Exercising to Recorded Music
- Adding Recorded Music and Movement to Literature
- Drawing and Painting to Recorded Music
- Jackson Pollock
- CHAPTER 7: LATIN JAZZ---TITO PUENTE
- JAZZ GREAT---Tito Puente
- Tito Puente Teaching Suggestions
- Latin Jazz
- Movement and Dance
- Structured Dance---The Mambo
- Mambo Art: Drawing and Painting to Recorded Music
- Craft Project: Make Percussion Instruments
- CHAPTER 8: THE BLUES---TAJ MAJAL
- Taj Majal Teaching Suggestions
- The Funky Bluesy ABCs
- About the Blues
- The Blues---Teaching Suggestions
- What Did You Have For Breakfast?
- Animal Blues
- The Talking Blues
- Miss My Mama Blues
- CHAPTER 9: JAZZ POETRY
Jazz Activities for the Early Childhood Classroom
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Jazz Activities for the Early Childhood Classroom
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Genre: Jazz Sheet Music