Jazz Improvisation For Keyboard Players - Complete Edition
Complete Edition. Improvisation; Piano Musicianship; Technique Musicianship. Instructional and Jazz. Instructional book. With chord names, instructional text and introductory text. 110 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.SB125).
Item Number: AP.SB125
ISBN 0769294162. 9x12 inches.
JAZZ IMPROVISATION FOR KEYBOARD PLAYERS is a straightforward, no-nonsense improvisation series. It deals with creating melodies, using the left hand, pianistic approaches to soloing, scale choices for improvisation and much more. This complete edition contains: Book 1: Basic Concepts; Book 2: Intermediate Concepts; Book 3: Advanced Concepts.
- Book 1 - Chapter 1: Creating Melodies
- Book 1 - Chapter 2: Using The Left Hand
- Book 1 - Chapter 3: Pianistic Approaches To Soloing
- Book 1 - Chapter 4: Chord Progressions For Study
- Book 2 - Chapter 1: Developing Melodies
- Book 2 - Chapter 2: Further Use Of The Left Hand
- Book 2 - Chapter 3: Basic Scale Choices
- Book 2 - Chapter 4: Rhythmic Conception
- Book 2 - Chapter 5: Different Treatments Of The II-V-I Progression
- Book 3 - Chapter 1: Factors Affecting Scale Choices
- Book 3 - Chapter 2: Approaches To Harmonic Conception
- Book 3 - Chapter 3: Melodic Implications Of Tri-Tone Substitution
- Book 3 - Chapter 4: Superimposition Of Scale Forms
- Book 3 - Chapter 5: Scale Generation Of Unconventional Voicings