There are currently no items in your cart.
Jazz Harp for Harmonica. Music Sales America. Boogie, Jazz. Softcover with CD. 128 pages. Music Sales #OK63727. Published by Music Sales (HL.14016928).
ISBN 0825602297. Boogie, Jazz. 9x12 inches.
Until recently, jazz has been an idiom largely neglected by harp players, for several reasons. First, there haven't been many players with the technical ability needed to play modern jazz, and until very recently, most people with that ability were interested exclusively in classical styles. In addition, the harp itself is not designed in a way that makes jazz easy to play. Jazz requires a smooth, legato attack, and accents in a jazz line can fall on any part of the beat. It's hard to play the harp legato because of constant breath shifts, and even harder to accent freely. That's why some very skilled harp players have said that they doubt that it's possible to play jazz on the harp. Richard Hunter doesn't agree. He majored in music at Harvard University before working with a variety of jazz and rock bands. He says of Jazz Harp: “It was meant to inspire harmonica players to reach for the same goals as their counterparts on other instruments.” Music, exercises, theory, and technique in the jazz and pop styles of Stevie Wonder, Toots Thielemans, Tom Scott, King Curtis, and others are included in this book/CD pack, along with note-for-note solos for chromatic and marine band harmonica.
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instrument: Harmonica Sheet Music
Genre: Jazz Sheet Music