There are currently no items in your cart.
Jason Bonham (Instructional DVD). By Jason Bonham. For Drums. Instructional/Drum/DVD. DVD. Published by Hal Leonard (HL.320716).
ISBN 1423437438. 5.25x7.5 inches.
“Most fathers gave their four-year-old chidren train sets, toy cars, or tricycles. Mine gave me a scaled down Ludwig drum set.” –Jason Bonham
Jason Bonham was not quite four when his father, the legendary Led Zeppelin powerhouse drummer John Bonham gave him his first drum kit. It was a smaller replica of the exact set used by his father, and the first of many as Jason grew to become a talented and dedicated musician. After playing with a few bands, he went on to record and tour with Jimmy Page and play with Led Zeppelin. He later represented his father when the superband was inducted into the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame in 1995. Jason has performed with Foreigner, UFO, famous guitarists Ted Nugent and Slash, and his own band, Bonham. In this very personal session taped in 1990, Jason discusses the many influences that helped him develop his unique style. He explores his approaches to time playing, drum fill ideas, drummer's attitude, and performing live. He discusses his equipment and how studio effects can enhance the sound of the drums. The enclosed booklet has diagrams showing Jason's drum set up, and includes fully notated examples and exercises that accompany this DVD. With Bonham bandmates Ian Hatton guitar and John Smithson on keyboards, Jason plays songs from his band and from Led Zeppelin. A special feature is a rare video clip of Jason as a young boy with his father John, playing drums at home in England. 42 min.
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.